bringing water onboard

Lachase

I have read conflicting messages of whether you can or cannot bring water bottles onboard with you. What is the best strategy for bringing water onboard. It is pretty awful, actually, that you have to be a smuggler, or feel like it, to have basic supplies along with you. If you can bring a couple of bottles of wine, surely they don't balk at your bringing your own water?

First of all, the water on board is excellent. It is probably purer than your water at home and than most bottled waters.

While the rules technically forbid the carrying on of water, it is almost never a problem.

If you are cruising during spring break, they may deny it or check it VERY carefully by taking out one or more bottles and testing the seal, or even opening a bottle or two.

I have read conflicting messages of whether you can or cannot bring water bottles onboard with you. What is the best strategy for bringing water onboard. It is pretty awful, actually, that you have to be a smuggler, or feel like it, to have basic supplies along with you. If you can bring a couple of bottles of wine, surely they don't balk at your bringing your own water?

The one time they refused a case of water for us, all we had done was attach a luggage tag to the case and try to give it to the porter. Others had a case of water in a duffel bag and the porters took that without a problem.

Have been on 3 cruises this year, 3 different ships in 3 different departure ports (Bayonne, Baltimore and Port Canaveral). Each time brought 12 pack with luggage tag on it. Carried on, not concealed, with no problem.

Also, on one cruse that stopped in Port Canaveral, brought new 12 pack on with no problem.

There's really no need to take water with you. The water on the ship tastes great and is always available (I always ask our cabin steward to fill my ice bucket every evening and whatever is left the next morning is poured into my bottle). I take a reusable, empty water bottle with me and keep it filled up. You can't put your own bottle under the tap but all you need do is fill up a glass with ice water and pour it into your own bottle. Very easy and no germs are spread. :)