Makani E on the Grand Princess

lopakaaz

This husband and wife group named Makani E is the best for a Hawaiian cruise. They play the best selections, have the best harmony and overall one of the best groups to listen and dance to. We have sailed to Hawaii 5 times and this was one of our best and Makani E had a lot to do with the high rating. Thanks Makani E and may you continue to provide your great music!

Kimo and Lokelina are the two in the group Makani E. They are the best! She has the sweetest voice and the most graceful moves for a hula dancer. He plays great guitar and has a great voice for singing not only Hawaiian but a variety of other music. If you are on the Grand Princess, this group is a must to hear. Kimo and Lokelina are the friendliest an happiest people to get to know. Be sure to attend his Ukulele classes and her Hula classes. They also give wonderful and informative presentations on Hawaiian food and the language. Wish we could cruise with them more often.

Makani E, Lokelina and Kimo, are no ka oi (the best)! I learned that from them and much more in their language class onboard Grand Princess. What they taught us in just less than an hour was simply amazing. They are very informative and so personable and patient. They really love interacting with the passengers. They are knowledgeable and provide great lessons on ukulele, hula, language, food, and culture. By the time we arrived in Hawaii we felt so much more comfortable with all of these, and we'd been there many times before! The music is outstanding! Not only do they play beautiful Hawaiian, and a great variety, they also play popular and oldies. They have a huge range and really add some nice personal twists on the music to make it their own. Can't wait to see them on a future cruise!

Secret castle. I just got off Makani E's web site and it still show their 2014 schedule. On board Grand Princess from January to May and then May to July on Sun Princess. They may not have up dated their web site. So sorry to hear they will not be on board in April.

Secret castle. I just got off Makani E's web site and it still show their 2014 schedule. On board Grand Princess from January to May and then May to July on Sun Princess. They may not have up dated their web site. So sorry to hear they will not be on board in April.

Thank you for looking into it- I did see that as well, but they had emailed me to say they were not doing the whole spring season in the grand and did not know what plan Princess has for the rest of the Spring Hawaii cruises :(

Julia

Edited by secretcastle

I tried Google and I get Fairwinds, Jim and Rozz. Not able to get the folks you are talking about here. I am cruising to Hawaii+more later this year and wonder if they will be aboard on our portion to Hawaii. Have the proper link anyone?

I tried Google and I get Fairwinds, Jim and Rozz. Not able to get the folks you are talking about here. I am cruising to Hawaii+more later this year and wonder if they will be aboard on our portion to Hawaii. Have the proper link anyone?

That is the website for them, they just go by a different name on Princess. I emailed them, and they answered that they will be switching out to the Japan run before the Spring 2014 season is over.

secretcastle-- You are RIGHT! Check the Princess Cruise Atlas and it shows the Sun Princess starts it's Japan Cruise schedule on April 29 out of Kobe, Japan.

Edited by Gimer

secretcastle-- You are RIGHT! Check the Princess Cruise Atlas and it shows the Sun Princess starts it's Japan Cruise schedule on April 29 out of Kobe, Japan.

We are hoping they will have some kind of Hawaiian program for us, doesn't seem right to just cut off the program before the season ends :(

Secretcastle-- I did some back checking. In April 2013 on Golden Princess out of L.A., doing the then "14 Days Hawaiian Cruise". The Hawaiian Duo "Elua", was transfer to the Sun Princess before completing the the final Hawaiian April 24 cruise from L.A. Princess needed them to start the Inaugural Japanese Sailing season in Tokyo. The first cruise out of Kobe, Japan this year is on April 29th. Same thing is happening to Makani 'E.

Aloha----Gimer This is Pineapple Princess from The Aloha Stars. April 2012. Still have the bookmarker you made for all of us. Hope all is going well for you and your wife. My husband and I went to Hawaii last April San Francisco to Hawaii on the Grand. Were going on the Grand again this April 28th. Thinking about going again next year also. This will be our fifth one in five years. Love this cruise and those sea days. Mary RM

Secretcastle-- I did some back checking. In April 2013 on Golden Princess out of L.A., doing the then "14 Days Hawaiian Cruise". The Hawaiian Duo "Elua", was transfer to the Sun Princess before completing the the final Hawaiian April 24 cruise from L.A. Princess needed them to start the Inaugural Japanese Sailing season in Tokyo. The first cruise out of Kobe, Japan this year is on April 29th. Same thing is happening to Makani 'E.

I just had an email today from Princess Customer Relations, and they said that they will be putting another duo onboard when Makani E disembarks :)

Mary - Hope to see you on the Roll Call for the April 28th cruise :D

Secretcastle, You did real good. I'm glad Princess is working with you. Please let us know who they are and and would be great to read your review.

Mary RM, Hi Mary and Ron. We sure did that cruise together:D. I also like cruising to Hawaii. Fran and I are booked on the Feb. 18th Grand to Hawaii. And Yes, I did make bookmarks for this cruise and door signs also. I may offer to make up the Name Tags. We have about 44 now posting on the Roll Call Board. Very nice to hear from you. Stan

Edited by Gimer

• 2 years later...