Do RCI reply to emails?

I really love RCI cruises, I have cruised 4 times in the last 2 years and I am addicted hooked and obsessed with cruises. I just love it and all my cruises have been with RCI.

The staff on board have been fantastic and made the cruise special

However..... the staff on land in call centres have driven me up the wall. I find they haven't got a clue half the time

I booked a cruise on December and it is for a sailing in three days time. I needed to apply a $150 savings certificate to the cruise so I should be due a refund

They said it would take a few days.

When I called back the telephones were busy and they said to call back, ( I am calling from Australia ) I decided it would be best to email. I sent an email 2 weeks ago and they have not replied.

Why can they reply to my email in a reasonable time?

I just want my money back

Sorry for ranting but you can't compare the customer service onboard vs on the gound

Also writing from Australia.... and with the same issues.

My experience is that the call centre staff are good.... you will near never get an Australian voice though. The issue that I have struck, and many times, is the "back office system". It needs a major upgrade or needs replacing.

My contacts, past the booking, have been in regards accounting errors. It is always a matter of referral to a supervisor, and nearly all times it takes weeks to get a response, even though there is a 24Hr commitment.

Straight off the website: 1800 754 500 Option 3 That's Guest Relations, but I have not tried this.

You could try fax... though no guarantees...(02) 4322 0326

Failing that you could try lining up at the service counter on the ship.

RCL really do need to improve their IT though.

Deedia...

I do not think that the issue is with the professionalism.... that has always been more than acceptable.

The issue is the timely manner of the response.

As an example, as indicated, I have an accounting issue on a new booking. 7 days ago I was told that I would have a revised account in 24Hrs... still waiting.

4 Days ago, I queried the 2 x cruise accounts that I booked... I used future cruising vouchers. My current docs state that I am in arrears on the deposit (not so) and that due date is yesterday. Beyond the automated email, I still wait.

I have the same problem, I sent an email 2 weeks ago regarding the overpayment of my account as I had a savings certificate and there should be a refund due.

I got a reply saying they received an email and would get back to me.

Why should we wait so long.

I love rci onboard but the customer service behind the scenes is ridiculous.

Deedia...

I do not think that the issue is with the professionalism.... that has always been more than acceptable.

The issue is the timely manner of the response.

As an example, as indicated, I have an accounting issue on a new booking. 7 days ago I was told that I would have a revised account in 24Hrs... still waiting.

4 Days ago, I queried the 2 x cruise accounts that I booked... I used future cruising vouchers. My current docs state that I am in arrears on the deposit (not so) and that due date is yesterday. Beyond the automated email, I still wait.

There is a disclaimer on your documents, it states they will show the full deposit amount and deposit date , with the Next cruise bookings as long as there is $100 per person or full deposit with suites you can ignore the date and deposit amount.

I really love RCI cruises, I have cruised 4 times in the last 2 years and I am addicted hooked and obsessed with cruises. I just love it and all my cruises have been with RCI.

The staff on board have been fantastic and made the cruise special

However..... the staff on land in call centres have driven me up the wall. I find they haven't got a clue half the time

I booked a cruise on December and it is for a sailing in three days time. I needed to apply a $150 savings certificate to the cruise so I should be due a refund

They said it would take a few days.

When I called back the telephones were busy and they said to call back, ( I am calling from Australia ) I decided it would be best to email. I sent an email 2 weeks ago and they have not replied.

Why can they reply to my email in a reasonable time?

I just want my money back

Sorry for ranting but you can't compare the customer service onboard vs on the gound

You're better off calling them....I sent them an e-mail over 3 weeks ago and just got a response yesterday :confused: My question wasn't a very important one...more of a curiosity one. But anyways, this was the first paragraph of the e-mail I received:

"Please accept our apologies for the extended delay in our response. More customers than ever before are choosing the convenience of email as their primary mode of communication. As a result, the turnaround time for responses has increased. Acknowledging that this level of service is unacceptable regardless of cause, we hope you will accept our regrets, and believe that this is not indicative of the level of service we strive to provide. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Hope this helps and you get an answer soon! :)