River Tubing - Falmouth

lyssa13

Hi!

We are sailing into Falmouth on the Allure of the Seas in May. I have done Dunn's River Falls on a previous trip to Jamaica so we are looking for something different.

What tour operators would you recommend for River Tubing? Is it a good choice for something to do?

Do the tour operators usually pick you up from the cruise port?

Thank you everyone for your help!

We were there at the beginning of January and used Courtney Taylor tours. We went to Dunn's Rivers and did the tubing. It was so much fun. There was 9 of us and they picked us up outside of the port and off we went. We had a wonderful driver who was very informative. We learned a lot about the culture, etc from our driver. He dropped us off at the beginning of the tubing area and was waiting for us at the end. This is a very dependable and wonderful private company to deal with. I was skeptical doing a private excursion but had no problems and will use this company over and over again. And it is much cheaper than booking through the cruiseline. I booked the excursion through their website.

We'll also be in Falmouth on the Allure in May (maybe same cruise, OP?) and are considering river tubing. I'd also love to hear from anyone who has done this, either with Royal or a private company.

Maybe! May 4th??

We were there at the beginning of January and used Courtney Taylor tours. We went to Dunn's Rivers and did the tubing. It was so much fun. There was 9 of us and they picked us up outside of the port and off we went. We had a wonderful driver who was very informative. We learned a lot about the culture, etc from our driver. He dropped us off at the beginning of the tubing area and was waiting for us at the end. This is a very dependable and wonderful private company to deal with. I was skeptical doing a private excursion but had no problems and will use this company over and over again. And it is much cheaper than booking through the cruiseline. I booked the excursion through their website.

Thank you so much! How long were you actually tubing?

We did the river tubing combined with the zip line.

I will only address the tubing.

We arrived to the check in point by motor coach.

Tookoff big off road trucks with benches thru the hills to the river.

Upon arrival we were broken down into groups of 8-10.

The tubes were tethered together.

Down the lazy river the guides gave a very informative narrative of the Island of Jamaica, history culture and just general information. If they were lying I did not know.

It is a lazy river with some "mini" rapids, that you just went down very easily, nothing big. It was a hot day and they stopped along the way so you could swim, if you wanted, or just stay in tube.

It was nice took about 90 min. on the river, then trucked back to the starting point to catch the bus.

Probably would not do again, we wanted wilder waters:D

Sea Ya

We'll also be in Falmouth on the Allure in May (maybe same cruise, OP?) and are considering river tubing. I'd also love to hear from anyone who has done this, either with Royal or a private company.

We were on the Allure in August docked in Falmouth. We used this company and highly recommend them.

www.libertytoursjamaica.com

We were picked up inside the port with our group of 8 at Falmouth, went to Secret Falls (also known as the Blue Hole), a few in our group were dropped off for river tubing while the remainder of us went to Shaw Park for picture taking and sight seeing overlooking Ocho Rios, then we picked up the few from river tubing and we all went to Scotchies for lunch.

I would do this tour again in a heartbeat, Secret Falls is secluded, away from the ship crowds, non touristy, very private, not crowded and you basically have the place to yourself! The driver from Liberty Tours will stay with you the entire time and be on your schedule, you can stay as long as you would like. This was an amazing tour, I had never seen anything like it, lasting memories that will last a lifetime. Watch this video and you will see why!

I HIGHLY recommend Noel "Steve" Smith. noelsmith99@yahoo.com We were on the Allure a few months ago. We had originally scheduled to go to the falls and tubing with a well known guide. We were really disappointed when he sat us on a minibus and made us wait in the heat while he tried to get more participants. Then he told us we had to stop in Ocho Rios to pick up additional people. This is definately not what we had in mind when we booked a "private" tour.

We got tired of waiting on the hot bus and happened to talk to Steve. We were so thrilled that things worked out the way we did. We spent the whole day with Steve. We did tubing first and then the falls. The huge coach buses were all leaving when we arrived. There were only a few people on the falls - REALLY awesome. We stopped for jerk chicken on the way back to the ship. Steve also stopped anytime I saw anything interesting that I wanted to photograph. Really and awesome day! So much better than touring with a group.

• 2 weeks later...
That doesn't sound like much fun to me. I did white water rafting when we were in Jamaica and we saw multiple groups tubing, and they had flippers, and none of them were tethered.

:rolleyes:

You summed it up quicker and better than I did.

We wont be doing this excursion again.

Sea Ya