Yacht club Fantasia

fraser301

We are sailing on the 13 April and have been quoted £ 400 each to upgrade to the Yacht club and would love to hear cruisers comments about their experiences and is it worth the extra?I would like to but my wife is apprehensive please convince us.

I was in Yacht Club on Splendida Feb 2012. Like everything else, it had pros and cons. What's pros for one person could be cons for another!

I loved the Yacht Club Lounge -it's panoramic vista as you sail in or out of ports is wonderful. The YC exclusive dining room is another wonderful experience where you can dine anytime between the opening hours that suit you e.g. Dinner opening is usually from 6.30pm til 9.30pm. If there's a particular table you take a fancy to you can book it in advance. The menu is also better so, if you love your food you'll enjoy it. Waiter service is top-notch, too.

One of the downsides for me is that drinks are only inclusive in the YC lounge so I didn't go to any of the entertainment lounges as I would not enjoy sitting without a drink in the evening and didn't want to add to my costs. If that's not an issue for you and you can afford to upgrade my advice would be GO FOR IT. It's worth the experience.

I would advise, however, to avoid the balcony cabins at the front of the ship as the hull blocks your view of the ocean - it's like having a wall in front of your window!