Question on Prices

Cruiser52888

Trying to plan and book our next cruise on the Epic. We're aiming for March/April of 2015 but the prices are SO much higher then they are for this coming March/April 2014. Why? Why are the prices higher for further away cruises then they are in just a few months? I actually called NCL and asked the operator helping me and she had no idea! Big help. Compared to a couple other cruise lines and they do the same thing. So I guess I'll be planning my cruise when the prices drop down. I don't understand why they do this. Frustrated!:(

As the sailing date draws near, the cruise line does what they can to fill the ship. That includes reducing prices on cabins. If you are content with any accommodations and you are flexible with your time, you can get some really good deals during the last few days before a cruise. If you are locked in to certain dates and cabins, best to book early to get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well yes, they are going to be higher. I don't think my loaf of bread will cost less next year. I don't think that the gas I put in my car will be the same as this year.

Plus you are looking at Spring Break time, college or school and prices go up for those weeks as well. See if you can look at some of the shoulder weeks to see what the prices are running, they might be lower.

Generally, inside of 90 days (the point where you cannot cancel after final payment), the company will drop prices like a rock to sell cabins. There is nothing less profitable that sailing half full.

The Getaway is a prime example. They recently offered the Ultimate Dining Package, no DSC, and hundreds in OBC to sell the cabins.

If you watch closely, and don't have a huge preference on cabin selection, you can save a lot of money by waiting. The flip side to that is if the ship sells well, prices will go up. So my advice is to play the game - reserve your cabin now for 2015 and wait. In December, see how many cabins are available in your desired category. IF there are a large number, cancel the reservation and see what NCL does inside the 90 day period. But once you make final payment, you are locked in to whatever price you paid.

I am doing the same thing with my April 2015 Getaway cruise.