Jewel spa pass

JWestShuh

I have read mixed reviews on the jewel's spa area. I spent a lot of time at the pearl's spa a few years ago and am wondering if there is a large difference. For me, I enjoyed the padded loungers in both the women's and main area, the steam room and plunge pool, and the large spa. If anyone has experienced both, or even just the jewel, any comments would be appreciated!!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Forums mobile app

I have read mixed reviews on the jewel's spa area. I spent a lot of time at the pearl's spa a few years ago and am wondering if there is a large difference. For me, I enjoyed the padded loungers in both the women's and main area, the steam room and plunge pool, and the large spa. If anyone has experienced both, or even just the jewel, any comments would be appreciated!!

I've gotten a spa pass on each ship, and while not identical to the Pearl's, I did enjoy the Jewel's spa this past December. Pictures of it are included in my review in my signature.

The thelosotherapy pool on the Pearl is much larger than the one of the Jewel, but the Jewel has more heated loungers. The Jewel does not have the padded loungers, but padded chairs and footstools instead. They have them in both the coed area and the separate areas. We spent a lot of time in the Jewel's spa this last cruise, most of the time on the heated tile loungers. Our itinerary had 4 sea days, so the spa pass was $149.00. The week before us had only 3 sea days and the cost was $119.00. I think the number of sea days has an impact on the price.

The Jewel spa does have the steam room, plunge pool, sauna, showers, and hot tub in the separate sex areas, then the thelosotherapy pool, heated tile loungers, showers and lounge chairs in the coed area.

It's worth it in my opinion if you like spending time in the spa. Whatever you decide, enjoy!!!

Pearl spa pass=worth it. Jewel spa pass=not worth it.

They are different.

I've used the spas on both Jewel and Pearl, and, as others have said, they are quite different. I am a firm believer in visual aids, so below I've produced NCL's deck plans of the respective ships. As you can see, Pearl's (right) saunas are located directly over the bridge wings, giving them a 180˚ view of the bow and ship's side. Jewel's (left) single-sex relaxation areas are instead located in that position, with the saunas and steam room shifted back, so the sauna does not offer the same fantastic views as Pearl's. I personally spent more time in Pearl's sauna because of the views.

As has been mentioned previously, the hydrotherapy pool on Jewel is noticeably smaller, and the hot tile loungers on Jewel face forward while on Pearl they face starboard. I usually visit the spa in the evening hours when all you can see out the windows is inky blackness, so it's never bothered me that they don't face forward on Pearl.

Finally, if you're still unsure when you board, you can always take a free tour of the spa on embarkation day. Of course, the spa staff will try to push a bunch of other services through the course of your tour, but you will get a chance to see all the facilities and be able to make your own judgement. Since you specifically mentioned it, I would take that time to poke your head into Jewel's steam room. I similarly enjoy spending time in the steam room, and I was severely disappointed by the quality of the men's steam room on Jewel the last time I was aboard in March 2013. Hardly any steam at all! Obviously I cannot say much about the quality of the women's steam room, and perhaps the men's has been fixed since then, but it's definitely worth checking out if it matters a lot to you.

pearl_spa.jpg.24e5ab3affcb4291873135f4f7975dcb.jpg

jewel_spa.jpg.5e743b44dbddc877b4b118b6c5164ab1.jpg