Booking Question - Unsure # of Guests

momof4_tn

We are wanting to take our kids on a cruise for Fall Break this year. We have cruised multiple times, but never taken our kids. I have the cruise picked. The problem is my oldest is in college and her fall break doesn't coincide with the 3 other children so she's not sure she wants to go.

I will need 2 staterooms either way. So my question is, is it best to book entire # of people in both staterooms and then cancel one before 45 day final payment or book the two rooms and later try to add her if she can go?

I don't want to miss the connected staterooms I have picked out which is why I want to go ahead and book now.

I would book all the potential guests initially. The downside is that you will have to pay more deposit. The upside is that you guarantee that there is space in your muster station for all potential guests in your party.

I will need 2 staterooms either way. So my question is, is it best to book entire # of people in both staterooms and then cancel one before 45 day final payment or book the two rooms and later try to add her if she can go?

Just FYI, I don't think the final payment date is 45 days out. It's more like 70, or something close to that.

Just FYI, I don't think the final payment date is 45 days out. It's more like 70, or something close to that.

RCI's final payment due dates are 60 days prior on 3,4,& 5 night cruises and 75 days prior on 7 night and longer cruises. (Holiday cruises are 90 days prior). Although not specified I believe 6 night cruises fall into the 60 day category. Perhaps someone can confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

RCI's final payment due dates are 60 days prior on 3,4,& 5 night cruises and 75 days prior on 7 night and longer cruises. (Holiday cruises are 90 days prior). Although not specified I believe 6 night cruises fall into the 60 day category. Perhaps someone can confirm.

Six nights and over are classified together with respect to final payment dates.