lavazza compatible coffee pods

njsonja

no matter how watered down i make the coffee on NCL, it's still too strong....

any compatible coffee pods out there that are not from lavazza and perhaps another company?

thanks,

sonja

I've never found any pods that were NOT from Lavazza.

My trick is to use a bigger cup (if they're not in your suite, ask your butler), and figure out how to run the Lavazza so that it continues to pump water through the pod until you turn it off when your cup is full. In other words, use the setting that makes a full large cup of coffee, rather than an espresso shot or a double espresso. By doing that, the coffee gets weaker as more water is pushed through.

If you really wanted it weaker than that, you could start the same cycle, but let the first portion of the brew run off, and then put your cup in for the later (weaker) portions of the brew. If you're using the right setting, the machine will not shut off until you press stop.

If that's still too strong for you, consider just using the Lavazza a source of hot water, and bring something like Starbucks Instant Columbian. I find these are acceptable when there's nothing else to be found.

There are quite a variety of Lavazza pods for sale on ebay. Maybe you can find something that is more to your taste and bring it with you.

Most of them don't fit the lavazza machines in the suites, which only take espresso pods, because it's not really a coffee machine but an espresso machine. It's pretty easy to make the coffee much weaker - grab mugs from the buffet on day one, and use them to fill the cup with the machine after the espresso has brewed. There is a button on the machine that keeps the water flowing until you touch it again to stop. The cups in the suite are only made for espressos or lungo, though, and people who want more Americanized coffe will need a mug for the extra water. Or just order a pot of the weak stuff from room service.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

• 2 weeks later...

Try the Melitta Breakfast Blend coffee pods, light roast. I love it! Very occasionally I like a strong brew but this one is what I use every day because it's not too strong. I buy it online on Daily Cuppa Coffee but I think you'll find it in your supermarket.

Google Reusable Lavazza Pods. There are ones that you can fill with whatever you want (and however much you want).

OMG! Do these actually work?

I'll be in an OS on the Sky in 3 weeks and an S4 on Breakaway in the summer and only LOVE to drink my DD iced coffee. SOOOOO, are you saying I can purchase these refillable pods and put my DD coffee in them to brew?

If so, this would be SOOOO wonderful for me.

Please let me know.

Thanks sooooo much!

OMG! Do these actually work?

I'll be in an OS on the Sky in 3 weeks and an S4 on Breakaway in the summer and only LOVE to drink my DD iced coffee. SOOOOO, are you saying I can purchase these refillable pods and put my DD coffee in them to brew?

If so, this would be SOOOO wonderful for me.

Please let me know.

Thanks sooooo much!

No. They will not work on the Lavazza machines in the suites. These machines do not eject the pod rather it falls into a hopper inside the machine and not acessable.

There are quite a variety of Lavazza pods for sale on ebay. Maybe you can find something that is more to your taste and bring it with you.

All the pods on Ebay are coffee so stick with whats on board and water it down, you may even want to try french press on board but I don't know if it's included on breakfast menu.

As for the machine on board don't use any thing thats not Lavazza as you will jam up the machine, these machines are around the $2k.

They do sell them but pretty expensive for a 7-day cruise.

Lavazza BLUE Intenso Coffee - 100 Capsules $79.99

Being an espresso addict I can tell you Lavazza coffees are one of the best if not the best, I also have a high end machine and its the only way to go.

We paid $1.2k 9 years ago and were are up to over 15K double cups of espresso. Divide the cost of machine over the life and ad in coffee and it comes out at about 5 cents a cup. Have never had to do repairs, it tells you automatically when to clean and descale. We never ever buy coffee outside unless we are out for dinner, just cant see paying $3.00 for a starbuck two or three times a day.

No. They will not work on the Lavazza machines in the suites. These machines do not eject the pod rather it falls into a hopper inside the machine and not acessable.

Ohhh, so sad :(

I was just going to purchase.

Thank you for letting me know.

I have never stayed in a suite with such an espresso machine, and would love to have one.

There are plenty of stories on the board of people in cabins that do not have coffee machines asking for and receiving a drip machine. If you are in a suite and ask for a North American style drop machine, I would be surprised if your butler did not make one magically appear.

Empty one or two of the levazza capsules into the paper filter and make a 4 cup pot

Edited by em-sk

no matter how watered down i make the coffee on NCL, it's still too strong....

any compatible coffee pods out there that are not from lavazza and perhaps another company?

thanks,

sonja

NCL has added more pods - usually they only have the "purple" pods for coffee, but now also "brown" pods that are more like regular coffee.

Have your butler help you with the numerous settings - you can customize the brew, or water your coffee down a little with the steamer. We do ask for larger mugs also.

This machine is FABULOUS but can be confusing at first - not just an espresso machine.

I LOVE LAVAZZA ON NCL! :D