Matching Room Categories for Price Adjustments

u2katie

We just recently booked an Interior with Picture Window on the Breeze. I'm looking into price adjustments now, and the booking engine isn't showing this room category as an option. The regular interior rooms are cheaper, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can't price match to those rooms, right? If there are no 4J rooms left, would I have to match with an OV room?

Thanks for your advice!

You can only match to your category. In this case 4J. If there aren't any more, then you're out of luck.

I am pretty sure she can price match 4J and above, just nothing lower.

I think they bump you up to the OV over letting you stay put and get OBC

But also, keep checking as a 4J may come back at a lower price...so really not totally out of luck :)

It happened for our 4K last year, and it was a nice size drop :)

Edited by Island Hopper58

I am pretty sure she can price match 4J and above, just nothing lower.

I think they bump you up to the OV over letting you stay put and get OBC

But also, keep checking as a 4J may come back at a lower price...so really not totally out of luck :)

It happened for our 4K last year, and it was a nice size drop :)

Last year was a little different story with the Triumph mess, so they were really generous then. They offered me a free upgrade instead of OBC from an OV to Balcony, which I turned down.

Now days they changed the wording to say that they will no longer give upgrades, but some have gotten them.

I agree the best thing to do is keep checking. And if you have questions, call Carnival if you're booked direct with them or your TA if applicable.

We just recently booked an Interior with Picture Window on the Breeze. I'm looking into price adjustments now, and the booking engine isn't showing this room category as an option. The regular interior rooms are cheaper, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can't price match to those rooms, right? If there are no 4J rooms left, would I have to match with an OV room?

Thanks for your advice!

You can check your booking on Carnival's website to determine your booking category. Then go to the Fare Viewer website in the link below and enter your ship, sail date, cabin type, state, and past passenger info. Once you have done that, choose your category as shown on your booking. That is the minimum of what you can match your rate to. If you booked early saver, that will work up until sail date to try to grab any price drops. If you didn't book early saver, that will work until the date that final payment is due regardless of when you actually make your final payment.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Try using the fare viewer as opposed to using the booking engine as you mentioned.

Good luck on getting price drops!

Last year was a little different story with the Triumph mess, so they were really generous then. They offered me a free upgrade instead of OBC from an OV to Balcony, which I turned down.

Now days they changed the wording to say that they will no longer give upgrades, but some have gotten them.

I agree the best thing to do is keep checking. And if you have questions, call Carnival if you're booked direct with them or your TA if applicable.

Seriously...I guess I should have known that was coming...

Just didn't realize it did.

I would still put in for it just in case. and keep checking for the 4J to show back up.

ES is getting to be less and less of the good option :(

Each time I've booked I book an available interior that is not an upper/lower berth. At times we've been able to book available porthole cabins on empress or upper at the cheapest rate. I know sometimes these rooms are considered an upgrade... Anyhow, I've always been able to get the price reduction when one is available. I'm. It sure if this is the same thing...