Transportation between JFK and LaGuardia

debshomespun

What type of transportation is there between JFK and Laguardia airports? I was looking for flight to San Juan in Feb/06 from Cleveland or Pittsburgh, and some of the American Airlines had stops to Laguardia, and the flight then left from JFK. Is there any type of transportation between the 2 airports, and how far away are they?

I am also contemplating flying Delta Song from JFK to San Juan, as I can get the flight for $99 from JFK to San Juan, and $139. from San Juan to JKF, then I can take air tran from Laguardia to Akron/Canton. Just trying to keep my costs down. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance from everyone!

The best transportation to get from JFK to LGA would be by taxi. It would take you approx 1/2 hour to get from one to the other. If you were to hit traffic it could take you over 1 hour. My suggestion is to stay with one airport for your connecting flights.

Dyanna

There is also a private bus company that provides shuttle service between JFK-LGA. The cost is $11 I believe. There's full details on the Port Authority's website http://www.panynj.gov

To be on the safe side, I would give yourself one hour to make the transfer between airports and then whatever additional time needed to claim luggage at LGA and then re-check in at JFK.

Just to let you know, it is a hassle, but many people do it so it's not uncommon.

Jeff

Thanks so much for your replies. Under the American Airlines website, they are the ones that would be taking us from Laguardia to JFK, and I am not to fond of the idea. I have not yet booked the flights, and am waiting for the prices to come down some, as it is $450. pp round trip to San Juan. I am hoping the price will come down some, and I will be able to fly through the south if I cannot get a direct flight at a decent price.

Thanks so much for your replies. Under the American Airlines website, they are the ones that would be taking us from Laguardia to JFK, and I am not to fond of the idea. I have not yet booked the flights, and am waiting for the prices to come down some, as it is $450. pp round trip to San Juan. I am hoping the price will come down some, and I will be able to fly through the south if I cannot get a direct flight at a decent price.

Hope I can be some help.

First, I assume you want to fly from Akron. That limits your selection of airlines. Air Tran mainly. They do fly to LaGuardia, which means changing airports if you want to fly American to SJU.

However, if you are willing to drive to Cleveland, you can fly AA to JFK and then JFK to SJU. Since you did not post the dates of your cruise, I took a look at Jan 19-29. RT from Cleveland, one stop JFK-$383.00 total pp.

If you want to fly from Akron, I would book two separate flights. Air Tran for $146.00pp and AA to SJU for $241.00 which is slightly higher, BUT you don't have to change airports and you don't have to drive to Cleveland.

You probably won't find much below $400, unless you happen to catch a sale. And there generally is not much in the way of sales from Akron or Cleveland. However, if you can get to JFK, AA and others are always running sales to SJU.

Please post the dates of your cruise for more specific information. When I see a sale from JFK, I will let you know. I do logistics planning for a living and probably get 80 emails per day about sales.

I do not think that AA will transport you from LGA to JFK. I have never heard of an airline doing that, but I have seen them have flights from different airports for the various legs of a trip.

Because the low cost airlines (JetBlue, Song) fly JFK to SJU you can almost always get a deal.

I live near EWR and PHL but by flying out of JFK last year to SJU I saved over $300 and that included the money I paid for the shuttle from my town to JFK. We paid about 160 PP RT on American from JFk to SJU and I think it was nonstop if I remember correctly.

Good luck!

We are cruising on the Serenade sat. feb. 25 to sat. mar. 4. I was looking for air on fri. feb 24, to fly into SJU a day early. We can fly from Cleveland, Akron or Pittsburgh. We are right in the middle of all 3. I have even been checking Detroit. I have found delta song for $99. and $144. to/from SJU/JFK, but Air tran has not yet posted their prices for these dates. I am patiently waiting. I am patiently waiting for air tran to post their prices, or maybe one of the airlines having a sale.

Thanks all for your help!

We are cruising on the Serenade sat. feb. 25 to sat. mar. 4. I was looking for air on fri. feb 24, to fly into SJU a day early. We can fly from Cleveland, Akron or Pittsburgh. We are right in the middle of all 3. I have even been checking Detroit. I have found delta song for $99. and $144. to/from SJU/JFK, but Air tran has not yet posted their prices for these dates. I am patiently waiting. I am patiently waiting for air tran to post their prices, or maybe one of the airlines having a sale.

Thanks all for your help!

Whoa!!! Those are rough dates for bargain air. President's week, spring break. Most of the really inexpensive fares are gone. Even on Hotwire, it specifically states-no discount fares available, regular fares are $450+++

Now your best bet is to catch a sale from JFK and figure out how to get to NY.

Book something the minute you see something you can live with, especially the JFK/SJU portion. Then, if all else fails, you could drive to NYC. It really is only about 8 hours.

Archived