Fridge's on Triumph?

pearose

We will be sailing on the Triumph for the first time. Standard balcony cabin. Do they have the fridges in those?

I do not think so. I haven't sailed on her since her upgrade, but pretty sure she didn't have previously. In my experience, we always bring a soft-sided cooler regardless of the cabin having a fridge because we have found they do not cool very fast and if you fill the fridge with drinks, it doesn't stay very cold....we like 'ice cold' drinks :) btw, I am sailing on the triumph in March, she is one of my very favorite ships.

We are going January 26 2015! I have just under a YEAR to wait (but to me that is half the fun too, the anticipation!) lol.

Anything about the Triumph, any hidden treasures you might like to share? I have been on the Celebration in 2002, and three trips on the Ecstasy 2007, 2009 and 2010.

Just returned from Triumph... no fridge in balcony cabins. Our steward was great at keeping ice in our soft sided cooler.

The Triumph still needs some work. New carpet and drapes, but the sofa looks really bad and still had the old TV in our balcony cabin. Occasional periods of strong sewer smell in our Lido cabin also. We still had a great time, but some improvements still need to happen.

We are going January 26 2015! I have just under a YEAR to wait (but to me that is half the fun too, the anticipation!) lol.

Anything about the Triumph, any hidden treasures you might like to share? I have been on the Celebration in 2002, and three trips on the Ecstasy 2007, 2009 and 2010.

Nothing really except that I have always had such wonderful room stewards on the Triumph. She was always clean and everyone friendly. Not a huge ship, but plenty big enough for me. I am a balcony snob and can sit out there and watch the water for hours. I think the best advice I can give you is the port of Progresso. The first time we went, we just hung out on the beach at Buddy's but had so many vendors constantly in line to offer their wares. it got ridiculous, hard to hold a conversation. They were very sweet and walked away after a 'no thank you', but it was non-stop So, the next time we went to an all-inclusive called The Reef. The drinks and food left so much to be desired. We had fun anyway - but realized, for us, the trade-off wasn't worth it. This time we are just going to go further down the beach and see if the vendors are less there as we have been told. Progresso is such a quaint little town and I love to walk the streets and look in the markets. I have found souvineers (sp?) there that I have not seen anywhere else. You get off the ship pretty early so we always walk around and shop a little, then get a wonderful $20 hour long massage, then we plant ourselves in the sun, get some food and drinks and enjoy the sand in our toes and the ocean breeze in our face. Lovely.

Is the beach close to pier?? And where do you get your massages we will be on triumph in dec 1 2014.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, not really. The pier is very, very long - like one of the longest. they have a bus drive you from the ship to town. you walk through the little market area the bus drops you off at, then exit out the back and wander around. I think you walk towards your left a few short blocks and you will come to the beach. I promise you cannot miss it, just start walking. The massages are right where you first get to the beach, in front of Buddy's. You will see the white tents set up on the beach, cannot miss it, I promise! :)

As said, no refrigerators in balcony rooms. We always take our soft sided and ask the steward on the first day to keep it iced. Next best thing. For our younger child, we would order milk and juice from room service or grab it off buffet and throw it on the ice.

mamieof2,

What cabin were you in? We are on the Lido, (9409) March 24 sailing. Was hesitant to sail on the Triumph after reading that there is still a sewage smell. I am very sensitive to odors but had hoped with the refurbishment they would be gone. This news makes me sad but still excited.

Just got off the TRIUMPH on 1/23... Since we registered as a diabetic, we requested and got a fridge in our cabin. The put it on the floor, in the space where the stool goes, so it wasn't too inconvenient! Nana needed it for her insulin, but we were able to put sodas in there, too! It was not stocked as mini bar or anything.

I LOVED the Alchemy Bar as a meeting place before dinner in the aft MDR, the Paris Dining Room. And their drinks are FUN and tasty. Most only 8.95 each!!

Also, Guy's burgers and the Deli. Jen Baxter was a hoot as the Cruise Director and she kept things moving!! Had a blast on the slide... and I'm 60 years old!!! And the Captain, take time to meet him. He is wonderful and with an Italian accent you CAN understand both in person and on the loud speaker for the noon briefings!!

My biggest complaint was walking down the Promenade deck, Deck 5, at dinner time, with all the photographer setups and opportunities, and that left only a NARROW space to walk.

mamieof2,

What cabin were you in? We are on the Lido, (9409) March 24 sailing. Was hesitant to sail on the Triumph after reading that there is still a sewage smell. I am very sensitive to odors but had hoped with the refurbishment they would be gone. This news makes me sad but still excited.

We will be in 6436, ext aft balcony. It is a girl trip for me...leaving our hubbies at home :D I really am not worried about the reported smell. I have yet to go on a cruise/visit a port that I didn't read multiple horrible things about. I feel there is always a grain of truth to people's reportings but I always try and remember how subjective these reports are. When I find something that bothers me, like many vendors on beach in Progresso, I change my plan of action for the next trip....live and learn but still expect to have fun. It will be fine! Enjoy your cruise, who knows, maybe we will run into each other on our wonderful vacation!

Edited by mamieof2

Just got off the TRIUMPH on 1/23... Since we registered as a diabetic, we requested and got a fridge in our cabin. The put it on the floor, in the space where the stool goes, so it wasn't too inconvenient! Nana needed it for her insulin, but we were able to put sodas in there, too! It was not stocked as mini bar or anything.

I LOVED the Alchemy Bar as a meeting place before dinner in the aft MDR, the Paris Dining Room. And their drinks are FUN and tasty. Most only 8.95 each!!

Also, Guy's burgers and the Deli. Jen Baxter was a hoot as the Cruise Director and she kept things moving!! Had a blast on the slide... and I'm 60 years old!!! And the Captain, take time to meet him. He is wonderful and with an Italian accent you CAN understand both in person and on the loud speaker for the noon briefings!!

My biggest complaint was walking down the Promenade deck, Deck 5, at dinner time, with all the photographer setups and opportunities, and that left only a NARROW space to walk.

ok, it is official - I am going to play on the slide this cruise. I always say I am going to yet I never do. I have never tried the Alchemy, either. I think I will give that a shot this trip, as well. It seems every ship I have been on the photogs and people in line make it very congested but it doesn't bother me too much, just excuse myself all the way down the hall :). I have heard really good things about Jen Baxter and love Guys Burgers, we had those burgers 3 or 4 times on our last cruise! what did you do in Progresso if you don't mind me asking? We are planning on planting ourselves further down the beach - have heard the vendors aren't as bad the farther down you go???

Edited by mamieof2

Hey there, Just got off the Triumph on 1/27. Yep, no fridges in the balconies. Always had ice present though. the regular ice bucket and a big white bucket they used on deck for the beer buckets... Never needed to ask after the first day. I occasionally got a slight whiff of sewer walking on certain areas of the ship. Something I would totally expect with 3500 guests and a hundreds of crew members.

I agree about the tightness of Deck 5. The hallway is already a bit narrow and then with all the activities there it does get crowded. Not a big issue with me though. Just make your way through like any other crowd.

We loved the cruise and had a great time. The Triumph is getting a bit older but looked fine to me. I've heard people complaining about it being a rust bucket and falling apart. Not true at all. Just a well used and cared for ship..

I would recommend it. The staff were great. Always telling me good morning as I wandered the ship at 5 am, while they were constantly cleaning. Seemed to be non stop.

Guys Burgers was great, never a long line. The most I waited was behind 3 people and one was my wife. The Blue Iguana Taco graill was also tasty. Tacos and breakfast burritos. Tried both, loved both. Did the Pizza one night, Very tasty and about a five minute wait. Buffet lines were always quick and never in line for more than 4 or 5 minutes is seemed.

Edited by dwayneb236

Hey there, Just got off the Triumph on 1/27. Yep, no fridges in the balconies. Always had ice present though. the regular ice bucket and a big white bucket they used on deck for the beer buckets... Never needed to ask after the first day. I occasionally got a slight whiff of sewer walking on certain areas of the ship. Something I would totally expect with 3500 guests and a hundreds of crew members.

I agree about the tightness of Deck 5. The hallway is already a bit narrow and then with all the activities there it does get crowded. Not a big issue with me though. Just make your way through like any other crowd.

We loved the cruise and had a great time. The Triumph is getting a bit older but looked fine to me. I've heard people complaining about it being a rust bucket and falling apart. Not true at all. Just a well used and cared for ship..

I would recommend it. The staff were great. Always telling me good morning as I wandered the ship at 5 am, while they were constantly cleaning. Seemed to be non stop.

I have to agree, the staff on the Triumph have been wonderful the 2 times we have sailed on her. I am a very early riser, as well. My favorite time of day especially on a ship...coffee on my balcony watching the sun come up, for me, it just doesn't get better than that. Glad you enjoyed your cruise, sure looking forward to mine!

Guys Burgers was great, never a long line. The most I waited was behind 3 people and one was my wife. The Blue Iguana Taco graill was also tasty. Tacos and breakfast burritos. Tried both, loved both. Did the Pizza one night, Very tasty and about a five minute wait. Buffet lines were always quick and never in line for more than 4 or 5 minutes is seemed.

Thank you so much! So great to hear all the wonderful things about our ship we'll be sailing in just a couple months. Can you tell me, was your sailing pretty full? I only ask because your wait times seem great but I'm guessing we'll have a full ship due to spring break. Thanks!!!

We were told there were 3400 people on board but I saw the passenger capacity is listed at 2700 so I'm kinda confused. Maybe they mispoke. Either way, The lines never seemed ridiculous. And if you went a bit earlier or a bit later than the main crowd there were no lines anywhere..