FL beach or Hollywood beach?

Tammytam

If you are looking for a more low key area with less things to do I would suggest the Hollywood Beach area. If you are looking for more excitement and more things to do I would suggest the Fort Lauderdale Beach area. There are more restaurants and bars to keep you occupied. The beaches are both very nice and when I normally visit the area with my wife and son I end up in Hollywood Beach area. When I go with my best friend we normally head for Fort Lauderdale Beach to have a bite to eat and a few drinks.

I want a nice beach front hotel. I originally looked at FLL beach but then someone told me Hollywood beach was better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forums mobile app

Geographically speaking, they are exactly alike. I don't know how Hollywood beach would be considered better. Hollywood, right now, is a trashier city. It is clearly fighting with some urban blight. The Broadwalk is very pretty.

blueherons.................You seem to know a lot about the FL/MIA area...............do you now of a shuttle service that will take us from POM to a FL beach hotel? I cant find any. Also, do you know how much taxi would be instead of worrying about a shuttle at all? Thanks for your help :)

I want a nice beach front hotel. I originally looked at FLL beach but then someone told me Hollywood beach was better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forums mobile app

You'll have much more choice in Ft Lauderdale if you are looking for a nice beach front hotel: Marriott Harbor Beach, Ritz Carlton, W, Westin, Hilton, Atlantic, B Ocean.

The only beachfront hotel that I can think of in that caliber on Hollywood beach is Westin Diplomat, but it is VERY nice.:)

Geographically speaking, they are exactly alike. I don't know how Hollywood beach would be considered better. Hollywood, right now, is a trashier city. It is clearly fighting with some urban blight. The Broadwalk is very pretty.

This is simply not true, especially in relation to the OP's question. Hollywood covers a lot of territory and I can't think of a single area that comes close to the blight of Liberty City down in Miami.

And they're not alike. The Broadwalk down in Hollywood is more quaint and compact than Ft Lauderdale Beach and a great place to sit in a beachside cafe or bar and people watch.

In Ft Lauderdale all the restaurants, bars and cafes are across A1A from the beach. There's a lot of great restaurants and it's nice, but it's a different experience and vibe than Hollywood.

The bottom line, it doesn't really matter that much. You'll enjoy both areas.

This is simply not true, especially in relation to the OP's question. Hollywood covers a lot of territory and I can't think of a single area that comes close to the blight of Liberty City down in Miami.

And they're not alike. The Broadwalk down in Hollywood is more quaint and compact than Ft Lauderdale Beach and a great place to sit in a beachside cafe or bar and people watch.

In Ft Lauderdale all the restaurants, bars and cafes are across A1A from the beach. There's a lot of great restaurants and it's nice, but it's a different experience and vibe than Hollywood.

The bottom line, it doesn't really matter that much. You'll enjoy both areas.

You would be very wrong on all points. The Broadwalk itself is very nice but even a half a block off it are some very blighted areas. There are some hotels, that are still partially left from the last hurricane, the construction is a mess, and quite a few motels are very run down.

Liberty City isn't a blight but a sadly dangerous urban neighborhood. Apples and oranges.

You would be very wrong on all points. The Broadwalk itself is very nice but even a half a block off it are some very blighted areas. There are some hotels, that are still partially left from the last hurricane, the construction is a mess, and quite a few motels are very run down.

Liberty City isn't a blight but a sadly dangerous urban neighborhood. Apples and oranges.

Really? Name them.

Downtown Hollywood is one of the nicest areas in all of the Ft Lauderdale area.

You simply have no basis whatsoever for this outrageous claim.

Totally agree. I've stayed in both several times and Hollywood Beach does not compare with Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Hollywood Beach is divey...but it has my favorite hotel, the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach! :)

Blue, you and Sharon are the most helpful and have been on these boards forever - always appreciate your advice and recommendations and I have taken many!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I'm not too familiar with Hollywood Beach but I do have experience with downtown Hollywood....We owned some nice apts in Hollywood between US1 and Dixie Hwy (downtown) and ended up selling them within a couple of years because of petty crimes and because we had to evict every single tenant for non-payment at some point. It was such a hassle. We've since moved our rental business to east Fort Lauderdale and it is going great...only 2 evictions in 12 years out of hundreds of tenants!

East Hollywood is working very hard to clean up and improve.

This is completely false. Hollywood is not a trashy city and is below the national average in crime.

I'm not too familiar with Hollywood Beach but I do have experience with downtown Hollywood....We owned some nice apts in Hollywood between US1 and Dixie Hwy (downtown) and ended up selling them within a couple of years because of petty crimes and because we had to evict every single tenant for non-payment at some point. It was such a hassle. We've since moved our rental business to east Fort Lauderdale and it is going great...only 2 evictions in 12 years out of hundreds of tenants!

I have a business in neighboring Dania Beach and I specifically chose that area over Ft Lauderdale because of the lower crime rate in Hollywood and Dania Beach.

Walty, The OP wasn't asking about Downtown Hollywood. The areas being asked about are Hollywood Beach and Fort Lauderdale Beach. I'm glad that you like downtown Hollywood.

It wasn't me that brought up all of Hollywood, it was BH. I was merely addressing her false claims. But...even if any of that is true, why are you bringing up rental property on Dixie Highway?

Edited by walty

The OP is asking about Hollywood Beach, not western Hollywood.

Totally agree. I've stayed in both several times and Hollywood Beach does not compare with Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Hollywood Beach is divey...but it has my favorite hotel, the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach! :)

Blue, you and Sharon are the most helpful and have been on these boards forever - always appreciate your advice and recommendations and I have taken many!

Thank you. Blue and I are here to help nice travelers like you. :)