Labadee snorkling

cchamb

Hi everyone,

I have read many posts regarding Labadee and I believe I read a couple that said the snorkeling is not good at Labadee.

We are not "seasoned snorkelers" but we do like to do a little and see the marine life. One of our favorite snorkeling adventures was at Cemetery Beach in Grand Cayman. We rented snorkel gear and just went out from the shore and saw lots of fish.

My question is... Is the snorkeling that bad at Labadee? Is there a certain beach at Labadee that you might recommend for a snorkeling adventure?

Thank you in advance for any answers! :)

Carol

Edited by cchamb

You might consider booking "Arawaky Snorkel Adventure"..My DH & adult DS said this was amazing...besides the high speed boat the spot they take you to isn't accessible to get there on your own...This excursion of course has to be booked with the ship..and they only will take 12 people..so you might consider it..It's approx 1 3/4 hour long and usually leaves at 2:00pm from the dock in Labadee.

I have read the same reviews but I thought we would still take our snorkel gear to labadee. Never used it :(

We were at Nellies Beach and the water visibility was not great inside the roped off areas.

We also are not experienced snorkelers but do enjoy a cpl times a year while we are in a cruise port.

Side note, the water & beach was nice to swim :)

Thank you very much for the advice. I did look at the Arawaky Snorkel Adventure and it does look good. I was hoping to get a away with not having a excursion fee but I might have to rethink that.

Thank you!

Carol