Is it smart for a disable person to cruise to China? Please read

lannie180

This is hard for me to write but I fell that this sight is so good and helpful that I just might get my answerers. About 10 years ago I went to trip to China (with a group and was not a cruise). I'm a disable person I'm 4'1 tall and when I was in China the people were very mean to me. Made fun of me.........every were I went to a point that I promised my self never again to visit their. Now 10 years went by and some family trying to talk me into taking a cruise same distention. I'm scared but I think people might change after 10 years plus a cruise is much less time in land. My question is mamly for people that may be disable if they felt the same lately when visiting or did the people change for the better? I don't know were else to post this question any help will be appreciated.

I've literally cruised all over the world, as a disabled, solo woman, and I've never encountered what you did. I even did a land trip in Asia, including China, that was 30 days long, back in 1990, and I didn't encounter any problems. As a matter of fact, people were amazingly kind to me.

I volunteered for three weeks in a big city in China. I will say that I saw almost no one with a visible disability there -- I don't think I even saw one person who used a wheelchair.

People might stare at someone unusually short just out of curiosity, not rudeness. I would definitely check out the accessibility of excursions you want to take, though. If you have mobility issues there are many places I visited with no curb cuts, uneven walking surfaces, no real handicapped restrooms, etc.