Pacific Princess question

FSUFan1k

Have any of you 1]sailed on the Pacific Princess and 2] taken the SouthAfrica to Australia route? Your help would be appreciated. We have sailed with the Crown, Regal and Royal previously.

1] Yes

2] No

We were in 6051 on Pacific Princess - cabin fine. No fridge, but small safe.

Description and diagram of cabins in brochure pretty accurate. We thought beds comfortable, but have heard many complaints of beds being "too firm".

Small ship, very easy to get around. Main show lounge not up to Princess standard (ship not built for Princess), small stage limits # of dancers and their routines.

Food in main dining room standard Princess fare. Sterling Steakhouse, open alternate nights, was excellent, and well worth the $15.00pp tariff.

Ship has one of the better libraries at sea that we have seen. Comfortable room, good mix of books.

We found passengers to be better travelled than we have found on ships to Alaska, Mexico, and Caribbean. No children when we were aboard - no real facilities for them.

Just adding a bit to Druke's post.

Druke was in 6051, a balcony cabin. These cabins now have refrigerators.

I have no experience with the OS, but have peeked into them. What I like best is the extra 1/2 bath. You will have a fridge; small, but quite adequate. We book a mini; great spacious cabin.

We spent 36 days on the Pacific last year; leaving this Sunday for Beijing where we will spend 46 days on the Pacific, ending in Cape Town. We've already booked the Pacific again for 2007; this time 68 days. No experience cruising to Australia, but did spend 5 weeks on this wonderful continent some years ago.

Arlene

Hi Arlene, Thanx for the info. 28 days will be or longest so your info was very interesting. Thought perhaps it would be too long but changing my viewpoint. You're obviously fans of Pacific Princess. Have a super cruise.

FSU

Reference length of cruise - 28 days is great!!

We took a 27 night cruise, San Francisco to Sydney, on Sky Princess' last voyage as a Princess ship before transferring to P&O Australia as Pacific Sky.

It was a fantastic cruise - with a WW2 Pacific Theater theme - many stops at Pacific battlegrounds. Had very good guest lecturers, and mostly excellent shore excursions.

Pacific Princess is offering a variation of that - and we are seriously considering that at some future date. PP takes in Okinawa, where I was stationed with the Army of Occupation in the 50s, (although it was no longer called an Occupying Force).

I am a big fan of longer cruises - trying to talk wife into one of P&O's World cruises, which run from 90 to 104 nights, depending on itinerary. She doesn't any cruise longer than 30 days, so we are circumnavigating the globe in segments - different ships, different years, etc.

Archived