Balmoral Island Dolphin Encounter/Beach?

Turbo18

Myself and my 2 children (12 and 7) are booked through Carnival in March for this excursion...after reading so many mixed reviews I have just a couple questions:

1) Sounds like the food and drinks are extremely expensive---Can we pack some of our own snacks/drinks/lunch in our bags? Or will they not allow us to eat something that wasn't purchased there?

2) Where do you keep your bags/purse while doing the actual Dolphin Encounter?

3) Do they have additional boats to take us back to Nassau early or is it just one for drop-off and one for pickup at designated time?

Any additional information would be appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm considering this tour, as well as doing Blue Lagoon on our own, as an alternative.

From the reviews I read, both Blue Lagoon and Balmoral dolphin encounters will give you about 2 hours on the beach before returning.

As for an early return from Balmoral, the reviews I read seemed to indicate that this was not an option. It looks like the boat takes everyone back together, at 2:30.

Again, this is not through personal experience, but through reviews. If you hear/read anything differently, I would love to know as well.

1) Sounds like the food and drinks are extremely expensive---Can we pack some of our own snacks/drinks/lunch in our bags? Or will they not allow us to eat something that wasn't purchased there?

3) Do they have additional boats to take us back to Nassau early or is it just one for drop-off and one for pickup at designated time?

I don't know for sure, but previously (and in most cases) you are NOT allowed to bring your own food and drinks to the island. In the past, even if you bought a drink on the ferry, you could not bring it off the boat.

Additionally, please be aware that you cannot take food off the ship. It's against the bahamian customs laws. You are allowed manufacturer seals snacks like Chips, granola bars and cookies if they are in the original unopened packages. You can't take fruit or muffins or sandwiches etc. Whether or not Balmoral will allow them I can't say. But I doubt it. Usually if they sell food, you can't bring your own.

As for additional ferries, I wouldn't count on it. Even though there are other scheduled ferries,, you cannot use them .. They are for getting folks back to their particular ship on time. And there is only a certain # of guests allowed. You're bracelet will determine the ferry you go back on.

There are no "shuttle" ferries at this time.

• 7 months later...

:D

Myself and my 2 children (12 and 7) are booked through Carnival in March for this excursion...after reading so many mixed reviews I have just a couple questions:

Me and my husband just got back yesterday from our cruise. We booked this excursion the morning of and there was availability. We liked it very much, lots of time in the water with dolphins and trainer. Each group had 10 people. The only thing we didn't like - they were taking pictures and said you couldn't buy just one, must get the whole cd ($69.99). Well, on ship looking at pictures the next day, there were pictures of the dolphin encounter - we could have just gotten one of those pictures! You can't come back early from the island, ferry leaves @ 2:30 I believe. They told us on the ferry that you could buy drinks, beer, etc on the ferry and take it on the island (and way cheaper). I don't see why you couldn't take food/snacks in your bag. While doing the encounter, your possessions are in a building that has cubby holes. Same building where you get your life jackets and instructions. Only folks doing the dolphin activities are allowed on that side of the island. I believe Carnival must own a piece of this island because you use your sail and sign card for everything there. We didn't eat because it was very expensive, bought one beer each. They have a nice beach w/chairs and umbrellas, sitting areas that are covered and a pool. Hope you enjoy your cruise and excursion. Bonnie

So sorry, stupid me didn't see your date. If you did it, hope you enjoyed!

• 2 months later...
:D

Me and my husband just got back yesterday from our cruise. We booked this excursion the morning of and there was availability. We liked it very much, lots of time in the water with dolphins and trainer. Each group had 10 people. The only thing we didn't like - they were taking pictures and said you couldn't buy just one, must get the whole cd ($69.99). Well, on ship looking at pictures the next day, there were pictures of the dolphin encounter - we could have just gotten one of those pictures!

If a family of 5 all do this and they take pictures would they all be on 1 cd for $70 or is that per person?