Visa for Cruise?

tricia1563

I am just wanting to know are we needing a visa for the Aust circumnavigation on Qm2? I read on another forum that we will get charged to our on board account when at Bali. Is that the only visa we need. I was not told when originally booking that we would need one.

I am just wanting to know are we needing a visa for the Aust circumnavigation on Qm2? I read on another forum that we will get charged to our on board account when at Bali. Is that the only visa we need. I was not told when originally booking that we would need one.

You are doing to right thing to ask because possession of the proper travel documentation is solely the passenger's responsibility. This depends on your country of citizenship and Australia's requirements of those citizens. In general, a passenger needs proper documentation for each and every port of call regardless of whether one intends to go ashore or not.

Check Australia's government immigration page for their requirements. I don't know if Australia uses something called a "multiple entry" visa because a circumnavigation would certainly involve multiple entries.

I did a cruise round Australia a year ago, you just a apply online for a visa, it will come in an instant and will cover you for the whole cruise as well, you dont need to show at any of the ports of call either, we just showed it at the entry airport (Perth) and that was it, eve after returning from New Zealand we didnt show it

This really depends on your nationality. And every Cunard personaliser has detailed information about where to go to get more info. If you are Australian then the only visa will be for Bali and that will be processed by the ship. If you are not Australian then you will need a visa to enter Australia too.