Does Regent Really Care?

fla742

• 3 weeks later...
When this type of thing is made public, it is a no win situation for Regent.
Isn't that the point of making these letters public? Why should Regent "win" anything?

I've been reading reviews about Regent here that indicate it has really deteriorated. I have no desire to sail with them until CC's own reviews improve--if they ever do.

Isn't that the point of making these letters public? Why should Regent "win" anything?

I've been reading reviews about Regent here that indicate it has really deteriorated. I have no desire to sail with them until CC's own reviews improve--if they ever do.

You may want to reread posts 17, 19, 20. IMO, there are excellent reasons why no company wants their responses to customers made public. To do so really hurts their customers more than it hurts the company.

In terms of reviews, keep in mind that approximately 5% of Regent customers read Cruise Critic and a smaller number post reviews. Regent's ships sail with approximately 80% return customers (except on short cruises which regulars tend to bypass). That carries more weight to me that a few people who complain. I read some recent Voyager reviews and found two where the customer complained that the suites were too small. This is clearly written by someone that did not do research. BTW, Regent has some of the largest "regular" cabins/suites at sea. I have read complaints about missed ports (due to weather) that is blamed on Regent. Some people complain about the food. Food is very subjective. I spoke with someone that shared a steak with her husband in Prime 7. She loved the steak and her husband complained about it.

Although I tend to be a Regent cheerleader, I have no problem posting when I have issues on board (which happened on 2 out of 16 cruises). Has Regent deteriorated? No! Has it changed? Yes! Some people want to go back to when Regent was Radisson -- when it was not all-inclusive -- when the ships ran 1/2 full at times and was not profitable -- when the ships were not taken out of service and refurbished every 2 years.

If you are hesitant to sail on Regent, I suggest spending time on other luxury line boards and read what their perceived issues are. If a perfect cruise line existed, we would give it a try..... unfortunately, nothing is perfect:)

Aloha all,

In 2012, we booked a future cruise onboard, and then made an itinerary change; with the change, we understood that we would receive certain onboard savings, we had this in writing, and it seemed clear to us. To make a long story short, we we offered no savings, and we felt that this was contrary to what we agreed to onboard. After we had gone through the appropriate channels with no satisfactory explanation, I wrote a factual, respectful letter to Mr Kamlani, and he replied within 72 hours, let me know that he would instruct the appropriate personnel to correct the problem. The next day, I received a corrected invoice from my TA.

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

Edited by HanaleiSailor