Sunset grande Jamaica

tigerwes06

Well I have booked this resort through resortforaday. From all the reviews I read it seems like a great deal for what u pay. I have been to ocho rios a lot and have done most of what they have to offer so I decided to just go somewhere to drink as much as I want and have pools and a beach with transportation. I I booked 8 of my friends including myself the other day for our trip in march. I think it will be great. If u have any questions I've done a lot of research on the place

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I was there 5 yrs ago it was great. Not a beaches few missing tiles by the pool, but the food, drinks, pool, and beach were good. Beach was fenced off from the public so didn't have vendor walking by selling stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We visited Sunset Jamaica Grande in December '12 and would definitely recommend it. We were kinda worried about Jamaica going into our cruise, but it turned our to be our favorite day of all. We still talk about that day. There are some pictures in my Valor review below.

Edited by GabbyCooks

• 2 weeks later...

What is the beach like there? Thinking of doing this, but we just came back from doing the Sunset Beach AI in MoBay, and we were not thrilled with it.

The beach was pretty, but the bottom was squishy/slimy/muddy in parts, and loaded with sea grass in others. We prefer a nice sandy bottom. We spent most of the day in the pool and lazy river, which was very nice but as the day went on it got very dirty with things floating in it and no one seemed to be cleaning it. The food we also found disappointing.

I don't believe they are related, so I'm willing to give it a chance, depending on the beach conditions.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!