My London Plan

5onadime

You have gotten a lot of great advice so far. I understand exactly what you are trying to do, but believe me, even the best laid plans just never go according to what was planned. To say you want a 'quick peek in' could end up being an hour.

We did a Baltic cruise a couple of years ago. We wanted to take a quick peek in at the Vasa Museum in Stockholm. Well that quick peek ended up being 2 hours and I loved every minute of it. That could happen to you also, if your kids find something they would like to look at longer.

Have you thought about getting them on the London Eye?. They would really love that and if you book on line you can pick the time you want to get on it without having to stand in line for hours.

I might try one of the HoHo buses that will take you all over London and you can get on and off at the places you might want to take those peeks at and just do a drive by some of the others. PLUS, if you use the Original Bus Company, you can also buy a wonderful fish and chips dinner (or lunch) at the Sherlock Holmes Pub. Everyone will really like that.

Enjoy your trip

Cheers

Len

The OP was planning on walking from Westminster Abbey to Apsley House - it would be a pretty odd route that didn't go past the Palace :)

From your smiley face, I'm inferring you realize you're being a bit obtuse. Of course, the OP would have to walk past the Palace, but the point I was making was about the over-all concept of "peek inside" here and "peek inside" there coupled with several "walk across/past." The OP clearly has doubts about the plan or he/she wouldn't be posting. I offered my point of view about the general approach not navigation specifics.