Where to buy soda near Jacksonville port?

11jrob11

We are flying into Jacksonville. I would like to know where I can pickup a 12 pack of diet coke and possibly something else to take onto the ship. Is there anywhere close to the port when I get dropped off from the airport or do I need to ask the taxi driver to stop somewhere for me??

We are flying into Jacksonville. I would like to know where I can pickup a 12 pack of diet coke and possibly something else to take onto the ship. Is there anywhere close to the port when I get dropped off from the airport or do I need to ask the taxi driver to stop somewhere for me??

I don't recall much by the port but there was a shopping center with a Wal-Mart right where the main road from the airport intersected the highway to the port. It wouldn't be very far out of the way.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi There 11jrob11 - just FYI watch your surroundings in that area...

Maybe it's because I'm from Jacksonville, but this isn't a dangerous area... Jacksonville is a large city and, yes, we do have some crime. But Rivercity Marketplace is not one of our high crime areas. It's on the same exit off of I -95 as the airport.

Now, don't be stupid, treat the shopping area with the same care as you would in any large city, lock your car doors, don't leave your purse in the shopping cart and walk away, keep your children with eye view... Just basics.

There are several places I wouldn't recommend stopping for sodas in Jacksonville, this isn't one of them.

I am flying into Jacksonville. I will need the taxi driver to stop somewhere for me

I wouldn't think Rivercity Marketplace shouldn't be a problem for a cab. The shopping plaza is right up the street from the airport. I'm sure he will be very familiar with it. If you don't want to hassle with the crowd at Walmart, there is a CVS pharmacy just down the road a bit. Just make sure you stop before you get to the port exit. I'm assuming the cab will take you around I-295 toward Dames Point, the exit of the cruise port terminal has a gas station, Wendy's and a hotel, that's it.