London restaurants near Piccadilly Circus

Does anyone have recommendations for good restaurants for an early dinner near the Piccadilly Circus tube station on a Saturday night? I'll be in town for a matinee theatre show, then would like to have dinner close by. Indian food would be best, but I'm open to other types. Tried to get into Veeraswamy but they're closed for refurb.

Thanks in advance,

Pam

If I find myself in that area and looking for food I always go up to China Town and eat in one of the many restaurants there, just go into one that takes your fancy.

Use THIS LINK and click on Gerrard Street to get a good impression of what it is like.

Use THIS MAP to see how close it is (Piccadilly Circus tube station is just to the left and slightly lower than the arrow).

Nick.

Some good Indian restaurants nearby (all within 10-15 minutes walk):-

Mela: 152-156 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8HL, 020 7836 8635

Cafe Lazeez: 21 Dean Street, London, W1D 3RS, 020 7434 9393

The Red Fort: 77 Dean Street, London, W1D 3SH, 020 7437 2115

The Punjab: 80 Neal Street, London, WC2H 9PA, 020 7836 9787

Masala Zone: 9 Marshall Street, London, W1F 7ER, 020 7287 9966

I haven't been to the last of these, but I have heard of it.

I've seen some disappointing things written recently about the Red Fort, which I don't often go to, but it was always regarded as one of the top 5 Indian restaurants in London so there's a limit to how bad things can be.

The link on each name will give you a map with the restaurant's precise location (assuming the postcode given is accurate!).

Does anyone have recommendations for good restaurants for an early dinner near the Piccadilly Circus tube station on a Saturday night? I'll be in town for a matinee theatre show, then would like to have dinner close by. Indian food would be best, but I'm open to other types. Tried to get into Veeraswamy but they're closed for refurb.

Thanks in advance,

Pam

Hi pvangordon, the best Indian Restaurant in many peoples opinion is BENARES which is in Berkeley Square and is five minutes walk from Piccadilly circus.I have tried all of the other Restaurants mentioned but this is the best quality

Regards

John

Archived