How does dining rotation work?

KentuckyKat

We have never cruised with Disney and I don't understand how the dining rotation works. Any information would be helpful because we know VERY little about it. We are thinking of a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy, here are some of my specific questions: (1) Are there 2 or 3 main/traditional dining locations on the Fantasy (seems like we have seen conflicting info.)? (2) Do you know your rotation in advance? (3) Is you rotation random? (4) Do you go to each dining location mutiple times on a 7-day cruise? (5) If you want to do a signature dining once, is there any way to make sure you aren't missing your favorite non-signature location? (6) what if you want to do a signature rest., but don't want to miss an elegant (or whatever it's called) night in a main dining location? (7) It's just DH and I on this cruise - in the past, we have enjoyed assigned dining at a large table where we get to meet and eat with the same group of people each night, is that just not something that happens on Disney cruises? Thanks again and sorry for being such a novice! KK

We have never cruised with Disney and I don't understand how the dining rotation works. Any information would be helpful because we know VERY little about it. We are thinking of a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy, here are some of my specific questions: (1) Are there 2 or 3 main/traditional dining locations on the Fantasy (seems like we have seen conflicting info.)? (2) Do you know your rotation in advance? (3) Is you rotation random? (4) Do you go to each dining location mutiple times on a 7-day cruise? (5) If you want to do a signature dining once, is there any way to make sure you aren't missing your favorite non-signature location? (6) what if you want to do a signature rest., but don't want to miss an elegant (or whatever it's called) night in a main dining location? (7) It's just DH and I on this cruise - in the past, we have enjoyed assigned dining at a large table where we get to meet and eat with the same group of people each night, is that just not something that happens on Disney cruises? Thanks again and sorry for being such a novice! KK

We have never cruised with Disney and I don't understand how the dining rotation works.

I have been on the fantasy a great ship

Any information would be helpful because we know VERY little about it. We are thinking of a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy, here are some of my specific questions: (1) Are there 2 or 3 main/traditional dining locations on the Fantasy (seems like we have seen conflicting info.)?

Three main dining rooms.

Plus a Buffett cabanas. There are two bootable adult restaurants Remy and Palo

(2) Do you know your rotation in advance?

No but you can request one.

(3) Is you rotation random?

Basically yes but concierge get their requests they try to keep young kids on one rotation.

(4) Do you go to each dining location mutiple times on a 7-day cruise?

Yes you rotate each night so you can go up to three times in one.

(5) If you want to do a signature dining once, is there any way to make sure you aren't missing your favorite non-signature location?

Put in a request for a rotation. See me use online and try to book on a night you are happy to miss a MDR

(6) what if you want to do a signature rest., but don't want to miss an elegant (or whatever it's called) night in a main dining location?

EITHER try a brunch instead in palo or Remy or do a double dip, eat light at 6 pm in main dinner and late in Palo

(7) It's just DH and I on this cruise - in the past, we have enjoyed assigned dining at a large table where we get to meet and eat with the same group of people each night, is that just not something that happens on Disney cruises? Thanks again and sorry for being such a novice!

Yes tables from 4 to 18 on board out that on your request.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

You won't know your dining rotation until you board the ship, but you will know which night is Pirate Night per your cruise activities list on the DCL website.

There are three main dining restaurants on Fantasy: Animators Palette, Enchanted Garden, and Royal Palace. You will start in one of tue dining rooks and work your way through them sequentially. Your room key will list your rotation : it will say something like AERAERR. Meaning, Animators on your first night, Enchanted Garden the second night, and Royal on the third night. Or you could start with Enchanted Garden or Royal. I don't specifically know the rotation on Fantasy, but it will be similar. You will also have dining tickets in your cabin when you embark listing the times and locations spelled out for each night. Your key is just a shorthand reminder. Your key and ticket also list your table number. You will sit at the same numbered table in each restaurant along with the same tablemates. You will have the same servers each night - they also rotate with you.

Look at 7-nt Navigators on disneycruiselineblog.com to get an idea of the dress code and menu for each evening. Fantasy sailings should be standard since they repeat the same itineraries regularly.

Disney does a great job of matching you with similar tablemates. We just came off a Magic sailing, just hubby and me. We were seated with 3 other couples of a similar age. They try to put families with kids similar ages together, too. Since you'll be traveling as adults only, I suggest late dining. You'll have very few children in your dining room and evening show since most families opt for the earlier meals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You are a bit confused.

Signature is a menu--each restaurant has one. It is not a dining room. On a 7 night cruise, there will be 3 signature dining nights (one in each of the 3 main dining rooms) and 4 theme nights (when each restaurant will serve the same menu.

As above, there are 3 main dining rooms + Cabanas (which is NOT a buffet at dinner, it is a sit down, casual restaurant), + 2 adult only specialty restaurants. Your rotation applies only to the main dining rooms; if you opt to eat at Cabanas, Remy, or Palo, you just miss the main dining room that night.

As to scheduling adult dining....if when you check in at the terminal you find that your adult dining night doesn't work with your dining rotation, go to "dining changes" at the location noted on the Welcome Aboard Navigator which you can get in the terminal. You can specify which you want to change (rotation or adult dining reservation), but we asked them what would be easiest for them. Told them we didn't want Palo on Animator's night...so what could they offer us? They moved our Palo reservation.

If you have any requests--you prefer to start in a specific dining room or you want a table of "just us," call DCL and note it on your reservation. Realize that it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed unless you are concierge.