question about camp carnival

bluejay555

This summer, my girls will be ages 7 and 9. Two different age groups at camp carnival. They are very close and I know they won't go separately. Will Carnival make an allowance and let them go together? I guess it's no big deal, last year they decided not to do camp carnival anyway, but I want it to at least be an option.

All lines can be pretty strict about keeping the age groups separate rule. (making one exception could snowball).

Having said this.......I have (and you'll certainly hear about exceptions). You are most likely to get an exception traveling during off periods when there are very few kids on board....counselors are more likely to take things on a case by case basis. Don't ever count on this happening!

I would certainly encourage your girls to give their groups a try! Please go to the first meeting so that the girls can "see" and meet some of the other kids in their age groups and meet their counselors....if you think they're shy take time to introduce them to the counselor and see if they can help make the girls feel comfortable.

Also, look over the schedule of activities for the week (and confirm them with the counselors - since there are changes sometimes) - talk to the girls about which ones look interesting/fun and encourage them to give it a try.....it's not prison and you can always check back in an hour and see if they want to leave.

If one activity doesn't work I'd encourage them to give it one more try before giving up.......most kids have a very good time and make good friends...but some take a little longer to warm up, especially if they're shy (or away from siblings).

Our kids have always spent "some" time with the group - they prefer when there aren't LOTS of kids and they're more likely to "connect" with someone. My little ones 3 and 4 loved eating with the group. My teens like to use the clubs as a spot to meet others.

It is all going to depend on how many children are on your cruise and how many register for Camp Carnival. On our recent B2B on the Glory there were so few kids that they automatically kept two age groups together.

It never hurts to ask when you go to Camp Carnival the first evening. The worse they can say is no.