No More Destination Experts?

DestinationUnknown2014

Are you personally one of the Destination Experts affected by these changes?

Seems like this might be the case

Absolutely not. I'm a cruiser just like you, usually Oceania or Seabourn (most recently on the inaugural Antarctica itinerary on the Quest) though I have sailed with Regent a couple of times, once when it was Radisson.

I'm a CC lurker these days, though I used to post occasionally several years ago under a now-retired moniker. Frankly, I thought the elimination of paid experts in lieu of unpaid amateurs was a rather juicy piece of gossip, enough to go to the effort of getting further confirmation (which indeed did corroborate the story).

With all the discussion I've read about the forthcoming PCH IPO, hearing about cost cutting purportedly related to it is something we should all be interested in.

Jackie (TC2) - I would respectfully suggest that the link that you posted is not to Terry Breen's blog but is, rather, to the blog of a lady from the UK. Here is the link to Terry's blog: http://www.cruiserfriendly.com/cruise_blog/ . Terry's blog is not current, having last been updated in May of last year.

However, several posters on "the other board" have stated that Terry is indeed aboard Mariner at this time on the cruise from Miami to Lima. None of the posters has mentioned whether she will be staying on the ship until Rio or Barcelona.

Cheers, Fred