What to do in Port Canaveral Florida?!

dez61089

Hi everyone! Cruising on the Carnival Splendor March 25th-April 2nd! Our first stop will be Port Canaveral Florida. I know it's close to Orlando and the Kennedy Space Center is around there. Was hoping someone might have some other suggestions on what to do. Thanks!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=dez61089&date=3-25-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Splendor

Hi everyone! Cruising on the Carnival Splendor March 25th-April 2nd! Our first stop will be Port Canaveral Florida. I know it's close to Orlando and the Kennedy Space Center is around there. Was hoping someone might have some other suggestions on what to do. Thanks!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=dez61089&date=3-25-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Splendor

The space center is pretty cool, although had gotten expensive over the past few years. There is parasailing, scooter rentals and a speedboat cruiser thing. Orlando is close, but with the expense getting into the parks and the time with the commute, it wouldn't be worth it.

We rented a car and went to Downtown Disney, which is a free shopping area. Different activities there have fees, but we just wandered around, did some shopping, and had lunch. It has a Legoland store with some amazing lifesize Lego displays that are very impressive. There's also a DisneyQuest indoor arcade thing that is huge, but pretty pricey (we didn't do that).

There is a wildlife refuge around the Space center. When we cruised out of Port Canaveral we rented a car and drove around when we stayed a few days. We saw Manatees, Alligators and even a pair of bobcats along with tons of birds. The Space center is always a good bet also. Cocoa beach and the attractions there are close to the port.... so what ever you choose to do. There is however nothing within walking distance that I can remember. Have a great cruise.

I am hoping to get on that exact cruise. Waiting for hubby yo get the vacation days. Still waiting. I was also waiting to see if I won a $1500 gift card to Carnival. I didn't win :o(

But still waiting for husband's schedule.

I am thinking of just going to cocoa beach and puttering around.