Legend of the Seas

I am traveling on the LOS near the end of November '05, was wondering if anybody could give some insight on this ship. I have been reading some of the posts, but am not finding much on this ship. We are two families each of four (two adults and two children) we are in JS cat. my children are ages 11 and 9. The other children are 5 and 3. I am not new to cruising but this will be my first time on this ship. I have prev. sailed rccl 2x on the Maj.OS. Any info would be apprec. Thanks

:D

Dear age 911

My family Daughters ages 15 and 19 and I along with a friend and his daughter sailed July 04 on the LOS from San Diego to Mexico for a 7 days cruise. Boarding was fine, but the cabin was very old looking and tables were dirty. As I sat down on my bed, I could feel the springs below. They did bring a mattress pad later at my request and cleaned the cabin. My older daughters luggage was lost for 48 hours, and they did little to help other than offering to clean her 1 pair of shorts and top. Are you getting the picture. The rest of the ship was okay, but nothing like Princess cruises,the now defunct Sitmar and yet better than Carnival crusies.

The worst part of the cruise for us was the food in the dining room at dinner time. The breakfast and lunch weren't half bad, but we were usually already on the dock at that time. I will admit we are foodies, used to nice restaurants, but even in just comparing it to other cruises I have taken, this was sub standard. The shrimp cocktail consisted of about 5 salad shrimp in ketchup. The service was great, but almost every night our waiter apologized for what he was serving us and tried to stear us away from certain choices. There was little for my 15 year old to do, but she did attend the teen center each day. Because this cruise went to Mexico, there were mostly drunk 20-30 year olds. My daughter and her friend who is 21, had a very good time. I don't mean to discourage you, but it just isn't up to snuff, although I would love to hear your opinion after your cruise. I must admit, we talked to several people who thought the food was great. I guess it is just what you are used to. Personally, I think Denny's would have been better.

Overall, on a scale from 1-10, this cruise was about a 5, and that's being generous. I wish you better luck than we had.

J Marty

When were on the LOS, for a 10 day cruise, the food was excellent, cabins clean and still nice, so to each their own. And I am from NYC area and the food we have is the best around, so I am not some hick from Podunk saying that.:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmmmm! There are many here that have cruise much more than we have, but I must agree with abridalmuven about the food and service aboard the Legend. We cruised from Southampton in May, and the food was the best I have ever experienced on the the Legend. Our chef was Neil Sharer, from Australia, and the creations that came out were first rate! Especially the fact that we were surrounded by 99 percent British, and they raved about the food. If there are problems with any areas not clean, point it out to the proper people, and it will be taken care of. The Legend is 10 years old (I attended the 10th Birthday aboard) and still she is one stately ship. Yes, there are newer and more modern ships, but they don't have the wood and charm of the older ones. Well, maybe that shows my age:eek: Ahh, to be as young as the LOS.

Rick

Jmarty, you say you sailed on the Legend of the Seas to Mexico on the 4th of July, but in what year?? As stated above, this ship has been sailing out of the UK since May 2005 and has had refurbishments completed while in refit in Lisbon in April prior to this. During this refit improvements have been made to the Windjammer restaurant...carpeting and tiles replaced in various locations ....soft furnishings replaced ...mattresses to cabins..etc.etc. Many people like myself and my husband, who are sailing on the Legend on the 30th of July, follow faithfully these boards and review sites while awaiting our cruise. When you completely degrade the ship and the company on these sites, you destroy all the enthusiasm and excitement from those of us awaiting our cruise.... this happened when the LOS first sailed in May and changed the currency to pounds sterling....all the sites were full of criticism and complaints...even about vegetables onboard. But only by the same few people.. It caused weeks of worries for many of us as to what to expect. However, as more and more people have returned, they have all reported a fantastic time.....Very Clean Ship...Friendly helpful crew...and Good-Acceptable Food. It has been made clear on several sites that if you are a FOODIE or GOURMET this is not for you. I am hopeful we will have a good cruise...it will be a long time till I have another. Things definitely weren't good for you, things do go wrong. In our case it is a surprise When Things Go Right!! When you wait a long time for a holiday it is devastating when it is NOT how you expect it to be, especially if lots goes wrong..but tell the people on board...tell RCI...tell the travel agent..but if you have nothing at all positive to say about your cruise, don't ruin everyone elses hopes and dreams by venting your anger here. We are simply looking to days at sea onboard a lovely ship... with decent food , in hopefully, pleasant surroundings...some music and entertainment..and wonderful ports to visit. If this doesn't happen, I will try to enjoy this cruise the very best I can and sincerely hope you in the future will as well.....HAPPY CRUISING!!! Carol

When were on the LOS, for a 10 day cruise, the food was excellent, cabins clean and still nice, so to each their own. And I am from NYC area and the food we have is the best around, so I am not some hick from Podunk saying that.:rolleyes:

Absolutely correct. We enjoyed our cruise on the Legend so much, (we were on the cruise just before abridalmaven :)) that we cruised on her again 9 months later, and this time we dragged most of our family along. They all loved the Legend.

I have been on a lot of different cruises lines, and none have been cleaner than Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. You can't walk the length of the ship without seeing at least one staff member polishing or cleaning something. It made me feel very safe.

Archived