Internet on Breeze

Ilovesailaway

I will need to connect to the internet for about 10 min. the day before we arrive back in Miami. We will be on the Breeze and it will be a sea day. I have read before about paying for internet on the ship but I don't want to pay for more than I need. Also, I am planning on using one of the ships computers for this if it makes any difference.

Will I be able to do this? Is there a charge, if so how much?

Here is the Carnival FAQ on it. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx To my knowledge, visiting Carnival's websites are free.

I need to do this sometime during the week on our cruise as well (submit assignments to my university), so I'm at the mercy of whatever it costs me to do so.

I read somewhere that there will be a list of the prices for internet packages in your info in your cabin, I believe, but that link gives them. I hear that it is painfully slow, so I'm also prepared for the fact that my assignments may not go in until we get back to the point of origin (at which point they'll be late). If I could submit them early, I would. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.

OK, let me see if there are any I-pad/Sprint people out there. If I bring my own I-pad (which right now does NOT have it's own internet plan, but I know can purchase one for it month by month I think for $29.00 and then cancel the month later via sprint) do I STILL have to purchase internet from the ship??? This whole thing really confuses me! LOL I KNOW that I put my I-phone on Airplane mode so I am not charged and roaming fees or texting fees and that sort of thing (even though I have the Anytime/Anywhere ALL data plan from sprint) but I don't want to take ANY Chances.

So My question is if I bring my own I-Pad on the ship that will have it's own wireless internet plan do I STILL have to purchase the ships plan as well. Because if that is the case I am better off NOT purchasing a month's plan from Sprint before I leave for my cruise and just pay Carnival for their internet plan.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! I am so in the dark on this subject!

Here is the Carnival FAQ on it. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx To my knowledge, visiting Carnival's websites are free.

I need to do this sometime during the week on our cruise as well (submit assignments to my university), so I'm at the mercy of whatever it costs me to do so.

I read somewhere that there will be a list of the prices for internet packages in your info in your cabin, I believe, but that link gives them. I hear that it is painfully slow, so I'm also prepared for the fact that my assignments may not go in until we get back to the point of origin (at which point they'll be late). If I could submit them early, I would. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.

Hi

Sometimes if you only need to do something quickly, (like airline check in ) at $.75/min + $4 registration fee you might get away with a $10 bill. Sometimes its painfully slow and not worth even trying - it just gets frustrating. If there is someone else in the room you can ask how well the internet is working.

If you have to do something lengthy a longer time plan would be required. I have found that if you can plan it and the timing is suitable you will be able to find somewhere that you can use a computer quite inexpensively or free at most ports of call. That can likely save you $30 or so, maybe for the price of a coffee.

Hope that helps

Ian

Hi

Sometimes if you only need to do something quickly, (like airline check in ) at $.75/min + $4 registration fee you might get away with a $10 bill. Sometimes its painfully slow and not worth even trying - it just gets frustrating. If there is someone else in the room you can ask how well the internet is working.

Hope that helps

Ian

Thanks Ian, that is exactly what I need it for. Flying SW and need to check in 24 hrs prior. Normally would not be a big deal but our 3 teenage boys will be with us so I would like to sit together.

OK, let me see if there are any I-pad/Sprint people out there. If I bring my own I-pad (which right now does NOT have it's own internet plan, but I know can purchase one for it month by month I think for $29.00 and then cancel the month later via sprint) do I STILL have to purchase internet from the ship??? This whole thing really confuses me! LOL I KNOW that I put my I-phone on Airplane mode so I am not charged and roaming fees or texting fees and that sort of thing (even though I have the Anytime/Anywhere ALL data plan from sprint) but I don't want to take ANY Chances.

So My question is if I bring my own I-Pad on the ship that will have it's own wireless internet plan do I STILL have to purchase the ships plan as well. Because if that is the case I am better off NOT purchasing a month's plan from Sprint before I leave for my cruise and just pay Carnival for their internet plan.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! I am so in the dark on this subject!

Sprint's plans aren't "anytime, anywhere". They are for use anywhere in the US without roaming. Cruise ships use satellites for connections and these are not owned by the cell phone companies they are a third party and charge whatever they want. You are doing the right thing by putting your phone in airplane mode. Your sprint plan doesn't apply on a cruise ship and calls would be $2.49 per minute, texts would also cost extra whether you send or receive. Data can be $20 per megabyte (iPhone or cellular equipped iPad), which means one photo from the average digital camera would cost between $40-60 to send, that's not an exaggeration. This is on the CELLULAR network on the ship that is painfully slow.

The ship has its own WIFI that they own and sell service for, so you would need to purchase this service. This is different from the cellular service data service. So if you bought a plan from Sprint for your iPad, it would do you no good on a cruise ship, since sprint has no towers out at sea;)

Edited by bakechef

We sailed 27 days on Breeze, Med/Transatlantic, and I actually worked several days during that time; remotely logging into my office computer. Just be patient :) I purchased a minute package but you can pay per minute.....just remember, it's slow and what normally takes 5 minutes, could take 10. Have fun!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

we just got off of the breeze this morning. we chose pay as you go is .75 per minute. the internet was sllllooooowwww and kept timing out argh... we have a late flight so besides being slow everyone was logged in so kept timing out. We went to customer service desk no worries they let us use their computer and print our tickets from there. Then she checked and saw the server really did time out and removed the charges. We told her she didn't have to do that we were happy just to have our boarding set. Now that is what I call services.