Nassau with kids

BJPete

I have been a lurker on these boards for a long time, finding great tips and information!

We will be heading out on our cruise March 9 and stopping in Naussau from 7 am - 2 pm. It will be myself (32), DH (34), DD (9), DD (7). We are also traveling with more family members, but I'm not sure that they will be joining us on our excursions or not.

We would really like to spend time on a beach, I have been looking at a few different all inclusives, but I want to make sure that my kids will be able to enjoy themselves as well! Are there any AI that offer day passes that are kid friendly?

Other than hitting a great beach, what are some things in Nassau that my girls would enjoy doing?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

there are a few different ones. we use the hilton british colonial its about an 8 min walk from the pier and its $60 for an adult and u get a 40 dollar food voucher so its not bad at all they have a pool and a beach and my kids have a great time. u also get a towel so u dont have to bring one which is nice.

u can also watch other cruise ships pull in and out of the port which is pretty cool to watch

We did the Melia day passes the last time my family and I were in Nassau and it was great! Compared to the Hilton, the Melia has more indoor space to relax which was great for my husband who needed an hour to catch up some business. They have free wifi in the lobby and a nice beach with three pools. We paid about 30$ for adults and $25 for kids. It was a ten minute cab ride but because cabs were lined up at the port we got there in no time and were able to escape the chaotic port as soon as we arrived...Kids loved it - Great day overall :)

We did the Melia day passes the last time my family and I were in Nassau and it was great! Compared to the Hilton, the Melia has more indoor space to relax which was great for my husband who needed an hour to catch up some business. They have free wifi in the lobby and a nice beach with three pools. We paid about 30$ for adults and $25 for kids. It was a ten minute cab ride but because cabs were lined up at the port we got there in no time and were able to escape the chaotic port as soon as we arrived...Kids loved it - Great day overall :)

What was the cost of the cab each way? We're thinking about the Melia or Whyndam. Thanks!

I have been a lurker on these boards for a long time, finding great tips and information!

We will be heading out on our cruise March 9 and stopping in Naussau from 7 am - 2 pm. It will be myself (32), DH (34), DD (9), DD (7). We are also traveling with more family members, but I'm not sure that they will be joining us on our excursions or not.

We would really like to spend time on a beach, I have been looking at a few different all inclusives, but I want to make sure that my kids will be able to enjoy themselves as well! Are there any AI that offer day passes that are kid friendly?

Other than hitting a great beach, what are some things in Nassau that my girls would enjoy doing?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Hi

We have been to Nassau several times. In December we booked the Blue Lagoon through the cruise ship. It was great for the grandbabies (7 & 5). Depending on the other ports of call you may want to make one of them a "beach experience" and use Nassau for dual purposes. I would suggest a walk to the local beach Junkanoo. It is about a 15 minute walk. You can rent beach chairs & umbrellas. It is a free local beach. So there can be some colorful locals around but we have never been bothered. We spent Christmas Day on the beach in December. The Grandbabies loved it. You walk by McDonalds so you can do a junk food fix -- be aware it is pricey. I think McD's has free WiFi so the kids can send some pictures to friends back home. There also is free WiFi available outside of Hard Rock; they don't mind you using it just do not stand in front of their sign.

I would suggest going to the Nassau port talk on the ship and finding out where the freebies are for your cruise. After the beach you can hit the stores and pick up the free items -- who know DH may buy you some bling while walking through. EFFY always gives away free necklaces and then you can buy the studs to match for $10.00. There are two EFFY stores and if you and hubby split up with the girls they can get 2 free necklaces so they can share with a BFF. There is a shop that sells items made of bamboo that gives out free bamboo necklaces again a great gift for the girls to share with friends. The back of that store has the items that change color in the sun---everything from nail polish to hair accessories to clothes. (sorry I cannot remember the store names at this moment) Some of the other jewelry stores give out free loose stones. Over different cruises I have collected enough to have them made into pendents and earrings.

Enjoy your cruise!

What was the cost of the cab each way? We're thinking about the Melia or Whyndam. Thanks!

$20 each way..you can also ride public transportation for $1.25 but we found it slow..mind you I see that some people enjoy the scenic relaxing ride...Melia is a MUCH better property...Wyndham in need of renovations

$20 each way..you can also ride public transportation for $1.25 but we found it slow..mind you I see that some people enjoy the scenic relaxing ride...Melia is a MUCH better property...Wyndham in need of renovations

The union cab fare is $18 for the 1st 2 ppl each way. $3 for ea. add'l person.

Public Transportation runs the same route and is only a minute or so slower than a cab. It's also a cool way to enjoy a little of the culture.

Melia is a bigger property, but Wyndham is cheaper, and is sometimes better if you have little ones if you are only there for a daypass. Each has it's own pros and cons.

Thanks for all of your replies! I am continuing to do my research. I had initially found a day pass for the RIU resort, but the reviews I have read say it's a more rocky beach. I will check out the Melia and Wyndham.

Thanks again for all of the advice - keep it coming!!