Blessed to cruise....

We are very lucky to be able to cruise and do all the other things we choose to do. Some people go to sleep at night and simply don't wake up....so let's remember to enjoy every day, for the gift it is....and enjoying it a little bit more on a cruise, is just fine....as long as we don't take it for granted.

Great reminder of what we should be grateful for!

On my afternoon run yesterday, I started thinking about our recent cruise and feeling sorry for myself that I was back in the ‘real world’ of work, bills, house and all the other responsibilities. I was quickly reminded of a couple that we met while onboard this time. At dinner one evening we were talking about some of the living conditions in the countries that we had visited during the week. As the sobering thoughts began to marinate in our minds the husband made a simple, yet profound statement, “we are blessed to cruise”. Though I knew this, it was a good reminder to me to be thankful for every moment.

Sometimes we get so caught up in what we want, on what we think we deserve to have, that we can’t enjoy the simple beauty of being at sea. I know that I am guilty. I mean, how dare they stop putting chocolates on my pillow at night! And how could he forget my towel animal… I need one every night! What?!?!... the Midnight buffet is gone??? (they really did me a favor with that decision) So, I asked myself, “if it was stripped down to just a cruise would I still do it? No shows, no singers, no Flowrider, no rock climbing wall, if the food was just okay, etc.… would I still cruise?” My answer was YES!!!

I know that it takes hard earn dollars and lots of them to cruise, so I’m not suggesting that we should not try to get the most for our money. I am all for finding the best deals possible. But, if we get some food that we don’t like, get something else. If the service was lacking, maybe the waiter was having a bad day or week (we all do). If the line is too long, maybe it’s worth it/maybe not… Let’s face it; there is always something that you can complain about if you are looking for it.

Let’s just remember how blessed we are to cruise… Happy sailing!!!

Amen!

Letssoar, how awesome to be neighbors in Missouri. :) Hopefully if/when you get to cruise again, you will have a great one.

My friend who I took our first cruise 25 years ago, and since then, I have probably cruised 16 times with other friends. Now, my friend who went with me on my first cruise is cruising with me in April. :)

I'll tell you a little funny, years ago my friend and I went on a cruise, leaving out of Kansas City. At this point we had no clue that anyone else was leaving out of KC for this cruise except for us. Some way or another, we got chatting with the couple that sat across from us in the airplane. Low and behold they were going on the "same" cruise as us. To make the long story short, after all these years, we are still in touch. :)

I Too, Feel Blessed To Cruise, And Sometimes Feel Guility About Taking 2 Cruises A Year!!!

But, I Do Understand What GOD Have In Store For You, It's YOURS, And No One Else's!!!

We Are Fortunate, But Let's Not Forget, There Is A Lot Of People That's Not, And There Is A Lot Of Poverty, In THIS Country As Well!!!!:(

Couldn't agree more ! We are very fortunate to have the luxury and we never try to take it for granted . Some of the huts we have seen in Cozumel and Jamaica that people call home makes us very thankful for what we have. Like my Mom always used to say " Yay but for the grace of God go I " . Great post ! Happy cruising !