Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

A great cruise, you bet! I recommend it to everyone I talk to.

As I said I was there twice before and I'm enjoying this review immensely thank you so much for taking your time for us I can't wait for the next chapter! Lol.

Btw I took a few tips for my April and August trips. Thanks again.

A great cruise, you bet! I recommend it to everyone I talk to.

As I said I was there twice before and I'm enjoying this review immensely thank you so much for taking your time for us I can't wait for the next chapter! Lol.

Btw I took a few tips for my April and August trips. Thanks again.

That's great to hear! Thank you and have awesome trips!!!!

Can you please tell me where the "secret balcony" is. The search function is still not working. Thank you. Love the review.

There are 6 "secret" balconies, at the aft ends of the passenger corridors on decks 11, 12, and 14.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T GO TO THE BLUE PLANET! !!

Yes I'm screaming! The blue planet is an awesome show!

Chicago, Oceanaria, the ice show and every single show on this ship is a must, and blue planet is the best.

My bf went last month with the oasis and he says in everything allure is better., including the entertainment.

Yes, that is regrettable!! Guess we will have to go back! :)

You can go back or just skip it again:D. There are so many options on the ship of that size. Most people make the reservations in advance otherwise they will miss out. It's nice to have the gold card option this time. We left the Blue Planet Show after about 10 minutes because we felt like it was in moving along too slowly. To each their own. Awaiting more Allure info;) (Hint Hint!)

You can go back or just skip it again:D. There are so many options on the ship of that size. Most people make the reservations in advance otherwise they will miss out. It's nice to have the gold card option this time. We left the Blue Planet Show after about 10 minutes because we felt like it was in moving along too slowly. To each their own. Awaiting more Allure info;) (Hint Hint!)

Lol, then I definitely might have fallen asleep...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Last Day At Sea :(

No sunrise on my side today, but I got up early anyway. When I was getting ready to get Phil’s coffee and my donuts at the Donut Shop (again key lime and original glaze – YUM!), I heard him talking. I said, “Who are you talking to?” He said, “I’m looking for you to take a picture!!!” It was the 2 bottoms of a rainbow – the arch was hidden in the clouds. It looked to be like a football field away!! Unbelievable!!! Of course, my lens fogged up, but I did get some of it.

cruise20133312_zps47619370.jpg

cruise20133313_zps7f92582d.jpg

cruise20133314_zps7d1562f2.jpg

It was the only rainy day, but it made for some awesome pictures. We can’t complain about the weather. It was sunny, 84 to 91 degrees and calm seas all week. Today, they said it was 79 degrees, but it felt cooler. Not a bad thing after a week of very tropical weather. I was thinking thank goodness we got our pictures yesterday. The weather must have made it a zoo inside!

cruise20133332_zps086423f5.jpg

cruise20133341_zpsa9aa7de2.jpg

cruise20133352_zps7933c695.jpg

I went shopping in the Promenade for the last souvenirs right at 9 am when the stores opened, and it was starting to become zoo-like already! I got the typical t-shirts, water bottles, toy cruise ships. All of the grandkids seemed very happy with their mementos! When I was paying in the shop, the cashier “kindly” reminded me that there was a buy one get one half price sale. Normally, I would say no thanks, that’s okay, but, for some reason, I turned obediently and went and got another t-shirt and water bottle. Can never have too many, I guess! When I went to go back to complete the check-out, a woman in line started to bristle, like she thought I was going to cut in front of her. Once I explained, she calmed down. Lines were starting to get long though. Definitely, don’t wait until the last day to go shopping…

First, after the screaming the ;) fell off, sorry for that.

Bistro, that happens when you have no patience, the acrobatics with the acting combo was amazing, but the best part comes always towards the end.

OK rifky. LOL it's Bicster. I had a good laugh over the name mixup;) and the post ! I really I know patience is a virtue, but we couldn't take it anymore! We always have the option on our June 29 sailing.

PhilNDebbieAtSea...thanks for continuously posting!

We ordered room service for breakfast for the last time… Pancakes and sausage for me. Scrambled eggs and bacon for Phil. Every server has been so nice. I have regret for the many breakfasts I missed in the past but will be doing it again next time!!

It stormed in the morning and we just lazed around reading and watching the world sail by. Heaven! A couple of times it looked like there were water spouts in the distance.

cruise20133426_zpsce5f7d56.jpg

cruise20133434_zpscd423497.jpg

cruise20133450_zps260bd298.jpg

cruise20133459_zps5603b485.jpg

It did stop raining after a while and the sun came out once in a while. M&F went walking in Central Park with one of the umbrellas they provide at the entrance – one of the things on their bucket list. They went in a store and left the umbrella outside. Someone stole it!!! LOL, who does that? Maria said the ladies in the store were so nice. They let them out a back way so they didn’t have to walk in the rain.

We had errands to do today… Around 12:45 pm, we started our “errands”. We had to try to check in as soon as was possible for Air Tran to try to get another upgrade to Business Class for our flight. However, since we did luggage valet (free with the suite), we were already checked in and we weren’t sure it would work. The day before, we had spoken to the concierge and he had no idea. He made a few calls and they had no real idea. He let Maria make a call from his phone to Air Tran (I had no idea they would let you make phone calls from the concierge lounge!), and the representative from the airline said there were plenty of upgrades left but she couldn’t give us one. We would have to go online and check in the next day. So, 24 hours prior to flight time, we went back to the concierge lounge to use the computers there. We did not want to take the chance of something happening with our iPads.

Actually, I don’t think I addressed Internet use yet? Phil and I bought 2 separate one hour packages, one on each seapass. One hour was $29.99 (minus C&A discount). You could use the minutes anytime on any device (one at a time). I used the full 2 hours with just checking eMails and facebook and our bank account. The Internet was pretty slow, but not quite as slow as I have had on other ships. (I wanted to shoot myself on the Enchantment the year before and even left minutes on the package because it was too frustrating to use!)

Anyway, Maria forgot her flight confirmation page so Frank “ran” back up to the room to get it. As the minute of check in was approaching, we sent Phil up to have Frank just text the confirmation number to us so we didn’t have to wait until he got back. It is funny because you can’t “run” anywhere when you are dealing with the elevators on this ship. But Frank and Phil got back in the nick of time as the 1:02 pm 24 hour mark struck. When we pulled up our reservations, it showed no Business Class seats left. Boo!!! We think it was because we were already officially checked in. (More on this later…)

cruise20133467_zpseacb5f6c.jpg

From there, we sent the men to Giovanni’s because we had a lunch reservation at 1:15 pm. We decided to end the vacation like we started it!! The reservation was actually 1 pm, but we stopped in the day before (knowing we would have to be checking in at 1 pm) to see if we could make it 1:30. They said no that was their last reservation time, but we could come 15 minutes late. While the men went to make sure we made the 1:15 seating, Maria and I went to turn in our next cruise reservation to the Loyalty Ambassador. We didn’t want to leave our credit card numbers in the box they have, though I am sure they are safe.

We joined the men in Giovanni’s. They had been remembered by the hostess and we were put at the same table we had on embarkation day. She actually said – I will give you the same table. :) And she gave us the same waiter, Christian. He remembered us and was so nice. Did I mention last time that he was so handsome? LOL, I asked Maria, “How do you become a waiter at Giovanni’s? Be gorgeous?” Oh Christian…

The food was absolutely incredible. And with a cruise full of delicious food, I think this was the best.

cruise20133468_zpsfc104457.jpg

cruise20133469_zpsfe1a1184.jpg

cruise20133471_zps93004e4f.jpg

cruise20133472_zps4ac20a54.jpg

While we were at lunch, we heard “Oscar, Oscar, Oscar”. I believe this means ‘man in the water’ someone said. The ship turned around and went back as there was a small vessel that did not respond to the ship – all of which the Captain announced to the ship. After a bit, he came back on and said they went over to the ship (in a lifeboat tender) to talk to them. He said the ship said they did not need assistance. It was a very small vessel with 11 people in it, he said. (We were near Cuba. HMMMMMM!) Captain said that they let the Coast Guard know. It was exciting, but we didn’t leave our meal to have a look see. Dessert was coming. Which by the way was a chocolate cannoli for me, white cannoli for Frank, tiramisu for Maria, and strawberry ice cream for Phil.

cruise20133473_zps6b00a352.jpg

cruise20133474_zps2299b7fc.jpg

cruise20133475_zps5e14e78a.jpg