passing time between disembarkation and flight home

Murfee33

Our cruise on Queen Victoria ends in Fort Lauderdale ; we fly from Miami to Heathrow at 8.35 pm.

I don't know what time we will have to leave F.L.to get to Miami airport, but I imagine it will be fairly early, say 9.30am. If we have to be in the airport two hours before take off, that means a wait of around 9 hours. Any ideas on what we can do?

A sight seeing trip on the way to Miami airport would be great, but alas,only in my dreams.

Murfee33

Edited by Murfee33

Our cruise on Queen Victoria ends in Fort Lauderdale ; we fly from Miami to Heathrow at 8.35 pm.

I don't know what time we will have to leave F.L.to get to Miami airport, but I imagine it will be fairly early, say 9.30am. If we have to be in the airport two hours before take off, that means a wait of around 9 hours. Any ideas on what we can do?

A sight seeing trip on the way to Miami airport would be great, but alas,only in my dreams.

Murfee33

We always book a day room at MIA, drop off bags, then after a day of whatever you have somewhere to come back to, wash/shower and a rest before the flight.

Alternatively, I do believe the Club America Lounge in terminal F has showers if you need to refresh before the flight - unless u have business class lounge access anyway.

In November we had a day room at the Sofitel on Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami which worked well for us. We booked it through an agency between9and5dotcom (from memory I think that was the address). We found it quite difficult to find info on day rooms. Most said show up on the day and we can see if we have vacancies. Not much use with no car and luggage. We took a public bus from round the corner to Dolphin Mall to pass the time and have a bite to eat. We had visited the Everglades already and been to the beach area. The hotel has a complimentary airport shuttle. If there were showers at MIA we would have deposited our luggage at left luggage and gone off from there.