Legend of the Seas with Kids? Suggestions?

drblue

I am glad to see more people already booked this cruise. We were waiting to see about the flights situation, which are now available. We are planing to book this ship on for the Dec 24th sailing (2 adults and our 7 year-old son). We have taken several cruises, but never with RCaribbean (only Celebrity, MSC, Norwegian, and Carnival). Therefore, I have a few questions for you all:

1. Does anybody know about the recent upgrades when the Legend went off to dry land for refurbishing?

2. Has anyone traveled on this ship with kids? Do you still recommend it?

3. Does anyone have recent pictures of the Kids Splash pool?

4. Can you think of any advantages of traveling on a smaller (and older) ship vs. a more recent and bigger RC ship?

I will certainly like to hear all your opinions and suggestions. I hope to join you all once we book this trip.

Drblue from southern California.

We haven't travelled on the Legend but we have travelled on the smaller ships with kids.

For our first few cruises we we on smaller ships and as the kids had never been on a ship it was all new and huge to them. When we started our kids were 8 and 10 and they found plenty to do and had a great time. A lot of the things on the larger ships they would not have been able to do anyway.

We have now just started on the larger ships now hat they are a bit older.

I have also looked at the cruise you are thinking about because of e ports. I'm sure most days will be spent in port doing excursions so I would not worry about the ship as much. Start off small and work your way up.

There was a really great review of the Legend on last years Christmas cruise by a family. I'll try to find it and post the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965819

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I was on the Legend this past summer with my two children (DD8 and DD13) - I wrote a full review on the ship and our ports (we were in the Med, so those posts may not interest you, but the ones about the ship & the kids club are on point) - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1876478

To skip to the posts that interest you, here is the link to the Table of Contents for the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39556277#post39556277