Carnival ES - price not fully protected

goofytoo

I just learned something new today. I booked ES. I thought that ES guaranteed you the lowest price on all advertised Carnival cruises.

Apparently - this is not true. I found an advertised rate on a website that was not a Carnival website offering the sailing for the same price I paid plus OBC. I submitted the price protection form and was denied the OBC.

Apparently ES is only for Carnival Website advertised prices.

Something for me to think about next time I decide to book with Carnival.

...No, it's something more than that. TA's can not advertise a price lower than Carnival's but can offer (I believe) up to $25 in additional (OBC/wine) extras. Sounds like the base price you paid with Carnival and the new price from the TA is equal.

Edited by Doug910
spelling

I see these all the time. 7 day cruise for xxx.xx. but when you go to book it, it's the same as carnivals price. They hook you with the lowest price and then when you choose a different cabin, the price shoots up.

For ease, if the ad you see says as low as... carnival can't accept it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It does as long as you use fare viewer. If you choose another cruise line they will not do anything after final payment.

I just learned something new today. I booked ES. I thought that ES guaranteed you the lowest price on all advertised Carnival cruises.

ES is not for the Carnival website only, and just because you see a lower rate does not mean you can qualify for it.

I was told they will only check Carnival prices. The example she used was Priceline. She said they would not match the cruise fare on Priceline. If Priceline chooses to offer a lower price then that is Priceline eating the cost, not them.

I did double check the ES rate fine print and what she said was true. They will not honor other travel website prices if they are lower than Carnival's.

I was told they will only check Carnival prices. The example she used was Priceline. She said they would not match the cruise fare on Priceline. If Priceline chooses to offer a lower price then that is Priceline eating the cost, not them.

I did double check the ES rate fine print and what she said was true. They will not honor other travel website prices if they are lower than Carnival's.

The form asks you what website you seen the lower price on, and I have submitted a price I seen on ***********. But Carnival is usually the lowest I see, and the ES qualifications have changed a bit in recent years.

Lol, you can't see the website

Edited by nitro2448

The form asks you what website you seen the lower price on, and I have submitted a price I seen on ***********. But Carnival is usually the lowest I see, and the ES qualifications have changed a bit in recent years.

Lol, you can't see the website

I know. I was wondering why they were asking what website you saw it on, if they were not going to offer the price offered on other websites.