Catagory X

MattOsprey

Hi,

This is my first post and our first time with Celebrity. We have sailed 3 times before. P&O, Princess and a UK company.

We are booked for Constellation on 29th October 2005 from NJ to NJ

I was wondering if anybody else had booked category X (guaranteed outside veranda)? If so then is there any chance of getting a grade higher than 2c. We are also wondering how best to get from Manhatten to NJ cruise terminal, and return to Newark airport from the ship? Sorry for asking so many questions, but being Brits living in the UK we don't know anyone who has been with Celebrity.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

When you book a guaranteed cabin it can be a bit of pot luck what you end up with, but you might strike it lucky and get something better than a 2C, which are very nice cabins.

I believe it is a short taxi journey from the port to Newark from what I have read.

We are also wondering how best to get from Manhatten to NJ cruise terminal, and return to Newark airport from the ship?

Here is a good website for Bayonne NJ port information.

http://www.cityofbayonne.org/royal.htm

We are leaving from there on 11/10. I think the best thing, because of luggage, from Manhattan is to either take a cab or use a car service. Estimates for cab fare can be found on the link. I don't know of any specific car services - I am just about to start figuring that out for our trip - but maybe your hotel (I'm assuming that is why you will be in Manhattan) would be able to help you out.

The trip from the ship to Newark airport is quick and can be done by cab, or you can have your TA contact Celebrity and ask about a transfer.

Thanks!

You are welcome. If you haven't already, you should head over to the roll call board and introduce yourself to your fellow travelers on the 10/29 trip. My fellow cruisemates on our roll call have been a wealth of information for me. And don't forget to sign up for the connections party as well.:)

Archived