First cruise and 5 new islands (Southern Caribbean - Celebrity Summit) - HELP!

Touptite

I really need help... I'm a newbie!

This is going to be our first cruise. I just booked today the Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Summit (Bridgetown, Barbados - Castries, St. Lucia - St. Johns, Antigua - Philipsburg, St. Maarten - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas - San Juan, Puerto Rico) and I'm SOOOOO excited but I need your help!

Fisrt of all, background: I'm (35) going with my mother-in-law (65), my mom (66) and dad (65). (I call them my retired crew! :D loll) I've been to the caribbeans several times (them, never) but it's my first time on a cruise and first time those 5 different islands... in 5 days! OMG Too much to see, not enough time, not enough energy :eek:

Where to start? :confused:

What to see? What are the musts in all those places? :confused:

Book a tour or go by ourselves? :confused:

I don't want us to be exhausted at the end of all this.

I'd like to do half day exploration of the islands and get back to enjoy the boat also. (I don't mind going for entire days but not all of them.)

My mom would prefer to "go with the flow" and see how she feels in the morning before deciding what to do on that day so I guess booking excursions all 5 days is out of the question! lolll

Thanks a lot! (Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight... too excited :D)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Congratulations on booking your first cruise.

Check out the Celebrity board at the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Join your Roll Call and see what others are doing at this link (just scroll down until you find the date of your cruise):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=286

Check out your Ports at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Magen's Bay in st Thomas is fantastic beautiful beach! One if the top ten in the world. The fort and wall in San Juan is magnificent as well. There is a trolley around old San Juan you can take for a tip.

from my mobile device

Thanks 1dopeymecruiser! I'll do some research on the Magen's Bay.

Do you have any more info about the trolley in San Juan? Website or where to take it?

Thanks again!

Thanks 1dopeymecruiser! I'll do some research on the Magen's Bay.

Do you have any more info about the trolley in San Juan? Website or where to take it?

Thanks again!

The trolley just runs around old San Juan. I think there are several that run around there are signs for the stops. The hotel we stayed at had a map with info on it. You have to be in Old San Juan to get on it.

The Summit BTW is Fantastic. We had the best bar tenders on the planet! Sheldon from Bombay and Ruben from Bulgaria I think. Our waiter, Yuri, in the MDR was awesome as well. Had my husband pegged on the second night the third night he ordered something and Yuri told him he wouldn't like it and brought it and had another entree for him that was exactly what he liked.

May I recommend Barbadosshoreexcursions.com? We used them for our cruise this past November when we were in Barbados. The tour was incredible. We were driven all over the island, saw and experienced a lot and still had a wonderful 3 hours at a breathtaking beach before being brought back to the pier. The price was excellent for everything we saw and did.