Newbie has Rodeo Question

raelee34

I notice that Carnival has a city/Rodeo tour and also a Dzibil. ruin/Rodeo tour.

Am first time cruising with hubby and two sons 6,9.
I know they would like the rodeo but not a city tour or gosh forbid the ruins.

Is the rodeo only for excursions or can you do a tour with a local person and then pay an entrance fee for the rodeo.

Anyone know???

• 1 month later...
Our table mates did the city tour and rodeo and enjoyed the city more. I talked with several people who did those ruins you mentioned, I won't do the spelling right now, and they really enjoyed them. On those ruins tours you can take swim suits and swim in the clear water of the large centote there. Who knows, your kids might like it.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='raelee34']I notice that Carnival has a city/Rodeo tour and also a Dzibil. ruin/Rodeo tour.

Am first time cruising with hubby and two sons 6,9.
I know they would like the rodeo but not a city tour or gosh forbid the ruins.

Is the rodeo only for excursions or can you do a tour with a local person and then pay an entrance fee for the rodeo.

Anyone know???[/QUOTE]
I have done both the City/Rodeo Tour and the Dzib/Rodeo tour. The boys would probably more interested in the ruins because it is outdoors and there are ruins to climb. The rodeo is excellent and I sat with a young lad at the last rodeo that was about 6. His mother is a member of this board and DW and I had lunch with her, her 2 sons, 6 and 21. Take a look at my photos here: [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisindave"]http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisindave[/url] . There are several photos there of the rodeo and of the ruins. Hope you have a good time. :)
Cruisin Dave

• 4 months later...
CruisinDave - know this is an older post but could you give me some details on the Rancho? From the photos, it appears to be an okay place...what about the food? Restrooms, cleanliness, etc. Were the ruins worth the trip? Did you have a guide or could you do them on your own?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi OP!
I am the lady with the two boys dave referenced--the tour was fabulous and both my boys liked it very much. They loved the ruins cuz you can be 100% hands (and feet) on.........they also enjoyed the rodeo at Rancho Tierra Bonita. The food was great & plenty of it. The restrooms are cleaner than you can even imagine, too. It is a first rate show they have put together also....go, you AND the kiddos will love it!

We just got back from Carnival Elation. We went on the Dzib/Rodeo tour (5 1/2 hours). The cost was $79 for adults and $66 for kids 4-12 (under 4 was free). We had a 9 yr. old and a 16 mo. old with us.

Our guide was interesting and informative. Once we got there, we stayed with the group for about 30 mins., then headed out on our own. We went to the tall temple, climbed it, then went to the cenote.

The cenote was wonderful! The water was beautiful. It was somewhat rocky entering the shallow area, though. The deep end was 130 feet! We spent about 35 mins. swimming.

Then, we went to the Rancho. The buffet was tasty and plentiful. There was a little market area with good prices for souvenirs.

We thought the Rodeo show was just ok. Our baby liked the pretty dancers and the horses, but my 9 yr. old wasn't overly interested. Some of the rope tricks were neat, though.

You can also just do the Dzib Tour (4 hours) for $51/pp (over the age of 4). I'm not sure if any kind of lunch is included.

Archived