Allure balcony help: Deck 7 or 14

JinxyB

I am booked on the Allure currently in an ocean view balcony cabin on deck 7, towards the aft of the ship (not an aft-facing cabin). Prices have dropped considerably and I am able to have a free upgrade to a balcony cabin on deck 14 forward. Advantages to this is being closer to the kids club and closer to the pools. Disadvantage is being below the solarium and being subject to deck chair scraping? Would I be able to see people in the hot tubs that jut out from the ship from my balcony (and would they be able to see onto my balcony)? I'm an experienced cruiser, but only one with RCI years ago, so I would appreciate any help. I don't know how noisy the Solarium typically is. My gut instinct is telling me to stick with my cabin on deck 7 as I will have cabins above and below me.

Thank you for any advice!

Hello JinxyB,

Near as I can remember, no one in the hot tubs will be able to see you. All I remember seeing was the water. I would imagine, if your cabin is right below the hot tub, you would have a larger overhang over your verandah. For what it's worth, that Solarium is a pretty quiet place. People might move the lounges a bit, but it's not likely a continuous noise problem. I can't say what the morning cleaning crew would be like.

If you have kids, you may really appreciate being close to the kids areas, but that being said:

We were on deck 7. 7610. It was a very good location. I had worried that the life boats might be in my view, when looking down at the water, but the life boats were about half recessed, so they really didn't extend out from the ship much. I never noticed them after the first day.

I'm wondering where your deck seven cabin is located. I had also worried that our 7610 location would mean lots of walking, since we were fairly equidistant from both fore and aft elevator banks. Turned out not to be far from either one, because while this ship is huge, it has only two main elevator banks, and each is located a little more toward center than the fore and aft elevators were on the Marnier/Explorer. We did one heck of a lot of walking on those two ships. If you are more center on 7, it would likely work fine to stay there. We liked it enough that we booked the same location on the Oasis.

I was just on deck 7 back of 0asis. It was great for getting to the back of the ship - aqua theatre and johnny rockets breakfast, but I would go higher if possible. If you spend much time on the pool deck or windjammer it will probably pay off. I take the stairs and the hike from 7 to 15 is tough. I just booked deck 10 on Allure for this reason.

I stayed on deck 7 on Oasis and on my recent Allure trip, my parents had a jr. suite on 14. I don't think they had a ton of noise issues late at night but during the day you definitely could hear chairs and activity above.

Personally I loved the deck 7 location because we were 1 deck from 8 where we could use Central Park to get from one end of the ship to the other quickly or 2 decks down to deck 5 to be on the Promenade.