Help with which side of the ship for Europe

sunshine66

No one side is better than the other. Sometimes the Captain will drive in, other times reverse.

Marseilles and Rome are large industrial ports, not much of a view. Naples it depends how he parks the boat. Usually the reverse in, so right side over the water, but not always.

If you are wanting land views as you cruise, you are usually too far out to benefit. Saying that think about which direction the boat will sail around the med and you will probably be better on the left hand side for most of your cruise.

Personally on such a large ship with so much to do, I would only be in my cabin to sleep, shower and change for dinner. The rest of the time I would either be in port or partaking in an activity such as eating:D. Although if you have done the route many times before, you may well just be wanting to enjoy the ship.

Last time I was in the port for Rome, we more or less had the ship to ourselves. The Allure will be a different matter, as people will be getting on and off as it is also an embarkation stop.