Review not Published.. Was I too honest ?

Tizzy

Hello holiday ahoy

No it has still not been published and I can't tell you how upset I feel.

I have NEVER had a review refused before.

Our holiday was not great because of specific problems with our particular cabin and comments made by the Future Cruises representative were quite 'Out or order' We were seeking her help to choose a more suitable cabin next time round. I do think someone should at least tell me why they have chosen not to print my review. I don't see the point of this forum if we can only write complimentary things ! Trust me my review wasn't all bad but I did suggest someone from Thomsons spent a night in the cabin we were in to see for themselves what we experienced. The steward knew what we were up against. First thing she asked us in the morning was 'Could you sleep with all that noise'

I really don't think they would have deliberately not published it Tizzy - or censored what you had to say. This Forum isn't under Thomson's control and CC would have no vested interest in what you have to say about them as long as it's not libellous. If you are reporting facts about your cruise there is absolutely no reason for that not to become public knowledge on this forum. And I'm sure much worse has been written in the past! Over the years we've read some very bad reports from time to time! :eek:

However they have been having terrible problems recently with the site (still no search function) so I wonder whether you posted it and it just didn't get through - we've had some threads on here we know were started then disappeared. I feel sure they were down to technical issues with the site. I think that must have been what happened to your review - I think you have just been very unlucky with the timing of when you submitted it.

I know it's a chore but perhaps if you could bring yourself to do a summary again and post on here or the review section I'm sure we'd all be very grateful to read about your problems Tizzy in the hope others can avoid the same thing happening to them - and can at least avoid that cabin!.

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Kruzseeka and Little Nell

I have just dug out the reply they sent when I sent the review in and it does say it can take a couple of days. It also said something about Publishing five reviews per week ? My husband and I had a long chat about reviews this afternoon and decided that there is no point in writing a review if you can't be honest. I think I have already written a cabin review Little Nell. I did it ther same time as I wrote the main review.

I have a slight disability and probably spend more time than most in the cabin. When we booked we asked for a quiet cabin ! Cabin 9016 was directly above the Medussa Lounge and there was no soundproofing in the cabin. I think we were directly above the set of drums ! As I said in my revieww things could have been worse we might have been doing a fourteen night cruise instead of a seven night cruise! We also found out on the last day that the cabin next door had been completely renovated and it was a shock to see the difference. Everything was finished off nicely and there was a lovely new bathroom. Our sink leaked everytime we turned the tap on and we were sick of wet feet !

All in all we had an enjoyable cruise. It certainly wasn't all bad and I still hope people will get to read my review in time. Maybe not on here but somewhere else for sure ! I can say hand on heart that my main reason for writing the review was to stop someone else having their holiday spoilt by the same problems. Maybe we were naive but we really didn't expect the cabin to be so noisy. We hated the huge windows in the Deluxe cabins that look straight out on to the promenade deck. It was so off-putting that they were so low down. We didn't expect to see people sunbathing outside and it was a constant strain trying to keep lights off all the time. You can most definitely see in when the lights are on. We were told by the future cruises rep that we couldn't expect the entertainment to stop just for us but I am sure something can be done to the cabin to make it less noisy. Of course we wouldn't expect the entertainment to stop but not everyone is well enough to be out and about enjoying it every night !

In the bathroom my husbands whole body was shaking with the noise. We like a party like everyone else, but not in our cabin !

Oh dear Tizzy - no wonder you weren't very happy. If it was the same group as when we were on you have my sympathy - that drummer was dire! At least you have alerted others to potential problems and hopefully they will avoid the same problem. No of course the entertainment shouldn't stop for you - but I do think Thomson have a responsibility to give you a cabin in which you can settle down to sleep - when you want to!!!!

Thanks for the synopsis of your full review. I really feel for you, not only because of the noise but because of the poor customer care you received. Holidays are important to us all, and let's be honest, they are not cheap!

The flippant remark about the entertainment not stopping just for you was totally unacceptable and unnecessary.

I think you have coped really well not letting it spoil your holiday completely, I don't think I would have lasted more than a day or two before exploding with a constant drumming every night.

Poor you, Tizzy. I think this is the sort of information that people need to know. I can tell you that information like this is not stored by the people who reserve the cabins, so it is important that we are building up the cabin reviews to help ourselves to make sound choices. I don't think that I would want a cabin anywhere near the Medusa lounge.

Trust me when I say It was REALLY noisy. Our Cabin Steward knew all about it ! The cabin is in a great position for getting to everything but I would really advise against booking it. As I said earlier I am in the cabin longer than most people because I have to rest and I had to keep consulting the news letter each day to work out when to rest. A lot goes on in that Lounge ! We have stayed in cabins over bars, restaurants etc several times on other ships but we have never heard any noise like this. We couldn't wait to get off ! I know the bands song list off by heart. Does anyone know why some cabins have been finished off nicely and others not. The dividers on the wall in our cabin were very badly cut and unsightly and yet the ones next door were perfect. You are right. You do have to be in the know when it comes to booking cabins. Are we the only ones who only ever get offered two or three to choose from ?

I did ask advice on here about the Deluxe cabins but you really don't realise quite how low down the windows are until you are inside the cabin.

Perhaps its just me but I hated this arrangement. I don't think the people sunbathing realise they are in full view either ! We saw some funny things !

the CEO of Thomson Cruises is now a lady (

as Fraser E has moved on) probably wanted out of the firing range:cool:

well my thoughts are this ....b****y give the job to someone with the skills. knowledge and experience

ladies and gents I propose Kruzseeka s CEO:) (not a joke)

its a bit if a shame that thoms come in for so much flack on here...I'm guilty of doing it myself:o

if their facebook page is anything to go by.....I guess they bring some/a lot of it of it on themselves?

if only they would consider a customer focus group to advise them on their responses to their social media enquires ...it would all work so much better

there was a time when they were in here regularly (before they joined facebook) it seems that they have given up with us? which is a shame because they were actually quite helpful (occasionally) they did once reunite a small child with lost oscar (the black cat) a good show I thought:cool:

and they did try to clear up a few issues....a bit...they tried

i guess its easy to ridicule a faceless organisation rather than an individual and the social media guys cant exactly respond with what they are really thinkin

in defence of thoms...I do believe that fraser did a good job with celebration & dream under his stewardship, some nice touches, a refurb, balconies added, and a stunning new itinerary for next winter

I am sure he did listen to us:cool: I am sure we were working as some kind of unofficial focus group:cool:

am I alone in thinking.... now that they have gone...we are rather worse off for it??

I personally dont think we will see the new boss in here either

its a shame, a loss to us all really

Have to agree geo. Although a few people choose not to see that most honest reviews are not intended to hammer Thomson or spoil other's anticipation but simply to try to point out areas which we feel are not up to scratch and need attention. After all if these things which are giving us a cause for concern aren't addressed it may be some of us will choose to go elsewhere.

And there's the rub. I doubt anyone on here has been a more committed or enthusiastic Thomson cruiser (or some would even say cheer leader! :rolleyes:) but if Thomson don't listen to reasoned and balanced reviews (we can surely tell when people are being even handed with praise as well as criticism) then I must say they may be driving some of us away. And that would be a great disappointment to me.

Anything I have reported which is less than what I expect of Thomson is written with a heavy heart. I want Thomson to continue to deliver what we have experienced over many years of cruising with them and I want to remain a happy repeat customer.

It's like tough love - sometimes things have to be said to hopefully effect change and if your friends and supporters don't tell it as it is (or how they find it) how are you going to know? Please listen Thomson. If the regular, loyal Thomson cruisers are highlighting concerns perhaps you really do need to take note.

I would very much regret if they are not choosing to engage with us - why would that be? I sincerely hope that it's not because they can't counteract the criticism. The writing really is on the wall if so! :(