Hawaii from Vancouver to LA

shawne71

Does anyone know which side of the Miracle will see more of the islands as we sail around them? Or which side faces more of the ports? I'm thinking Starboard seems to have more port time but I could be wrong. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and we're hoping for awesome views! TIA

Port side. We just returned from this cruise.

Thank you. Port side will see more of the islands from the ship? We're considering an extended aft balcony on the back of the ship. Do you think it's worth the extra money or would you stick with port side?

We were starboard on the Sept. 2013 sailing and we had the best views for coming into Oahu and Maui. In fact, I think most of the early views of the islands were from our side. Friends were on the port side and they kept coming over to see the views from our balcony.

It would really depend on the itinerary...Carnival seems to switch up the order of the islands depending on port availability for each cruise.

Can someone post the itinerary they had for the January '14 cruise, and the September '13 cruise to do a comparison. We are on the 16 day April '14 cruise, and our itinerary is:

Hilo

Maui

Maui

Kauai

Kona

Honolulu

Based on our itinerary, it would seem that starboard is the best side, but it's hard to say which path the ship will take.