Cheers program questions THANKS!!

dcloer

OK, I know this has been asked before but I have searched and searched and can't really find anything.

We will be traveling with our two kids, we booked two separate rooms and because there was a glitch on the Carnivals site, we had to book them separate (two different booking numbers). I would like to buy the cheers program but my husband hardly drinks. We are booked in separate rooms, he with one kid me with another, of course we will flip that around and put the two teens together. Am I able to purchase the cheers program by myself, since we are in different rooms and under different bookings?

Also if I want one of the cute glasses, can i pay extra to have it in one or do I have to order it off the cheers program?

Thanks for your help!!

Yes, if you are in different rooms, only one of you in the room has to buy it.

If you want the souvenir glass, you have to pay for the whole drink + glass. I think you get the 10% discount though. not sure.

In this case, yes, because you are the only one over the age of 18 in the cabin.

I am sure you would have to pay extra for the special cups. I can not see them being more than a few bucks extra since you are getting a beverage with them.

EDIT: Carnival may consider it a purchase over $10, so you may have to purchase it, less the 25% discount. You can always purchase the cups separate as well.

Edited by R3DP0

Suggest buying the Cheers package *before* you go to guest services to have your room-keys switched around. Every adult in the stateroom gets charged for the Cheers program, even if they don't drink...

Hope that the person doing the key-switch doesn't see the Cheers charge.

Instead of starting another thread, I will just ask here.......:o:o

If we are doing an 8 day on the Breeze, can we buy it on the 2nd day?

Guessing we don't pay for the Sunday morning we get back into port, right?

Thanks!:D

I don't think we will switch the room keys around they will either stick together or with us so I don't think I will have to worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

KPfromCT I just looked on carnivals site and it must be purchased for the whole cruise except for TX where you can only purchase it the second day.

KPfromCT I just looked on carnivals site and it must be purchased for the whole cruise except for TX where you can only purchase it the second day.

On all ships except those sailing from Texas the Cheers program can be purchased on embarkation day and the day after. For cruises from Texas it can't be purchased until the 2 days following embarkation.

So on the 8 day sailing of the Breeze you can purchase the program for 8 days on Saturday, (which is embarkation day) or the 7 day program if you wait until Sunday to purchase it.

Yes, and instead of "switching cabins" you and your spouse should just ask for a "spare key" to the room you are assigned to then swap spare keys with one of the kids. I have had this done at check in at the port or at guest services on board. Sometimes the port personnel are too busy and will tell you to go to guest services to have it done but that has only happened once to us and it was very busy (we usually arrive early but slept in this one time)

In the past we would book the same way you did, because we could use two future cruise certificates (I miss those). This was suggested to us when we bought the certificates and our PVP reminded us to do this when we booked so no flames please.

At the suggestion Carnival Check in personnel, it is easier for them to just print an extra key per cabin and just sleep where you want, so hubby and I would have one cabin and the kids in the other. That's how we did it. Would have been no problem to purchase cheers for just one of us had we chosen to do so. I know people who have used it this way successfully as well.

I don't think we will switch the room keys around they will either stick together or with us so I don't think I will have to worry about that.

Your room key is also your sign and sail card, your on board ID and how you get on and off the ship as well as your room key. A reprinted KEY is just a key card, no additional info. You would want to have the extra key. Say you wanted to go back to the cabin and freshen up while the spouse stayed at the pool with the kids, and you did not have the extra key but are actually living out of the cabin with your spouse. You would either have to take the kids key that is assigned to that room OR use your spouses key. If you take your spouses key, he cannot order an adult beverage. If you take the kids key and they have the soda card, they can't get a soda unless your spouse pays additional for it. This is just a quick example, and by no means all inclusive.

It's simple to just carry around the extra key. Have it and your sign and sail punched and put on a lanyard, no big deal.

Was just on the Breeze 8 day and purchased the cheers program on the 2nd day. The first day they have a table set up inside on the lido deck fwd., but we bought it on the second day and had to get it directly from the atrium bar.

Good to know, thanks. Did you pay for 6 days then?

Is the 15% added when you purchase the cheers program or is it figured each time you get a drink? (if it's done when you buy the package how does the tip get to the person getting your drinks)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Is the 15% added when you purchase the cheers program or is it figured each time you get a drink? (if it's done when you buy the package how does the tip get to the person getting your drinks)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The 15% tip is added to the initial purchase price. One of bartenders told me that the tip is shared amoung all the bar staff regardless of who serves you.