Freedom or Oasis

Trying to decide between which ship to book. Oasis is about $500 more. We do like Nassau but not sure about CocoCay. Is Oasis worth the price difference if we like both itineraries?

Trying to decide between which ship to book. Oasis is about $500 more. We do like Nassau but not sure about CocoCay. Is Oasis worth the price difference if we like both itineraries?

It is all personal preference. There is more on the Oasis but if you don't intend on partaking int he extras then it may not be worth it. We have sailed both Oasis class ships and Freedom. We would sail either at any given time. If you have not sailed an Oasis class ship I say go for it as for me it would be worth it.

This is truly a personal response. I have been on Oasis, Allure, Freedom and Liberty. The Freedom class ships are our favorite, and unless it is with a special group, I do not think my husband and I will be on the Oasis class again. We felt rushed at dinner because the shows seemed to be very soon after we ate. We also had difficulty finding each other because of the vast enormity of the ship. When we went with my daughter and her husband, we rarely saw each other. There are too many pools, etc. to be able to quickly find one another. There was not a show for each night of the cruise; we reserved 6 shows and the other evening we just wandered. This can be fun, but I like to attend the evening shows. There are also more ports on the Freedom, which make a superior cruise for us.

It's a tough decision to make. If price is the main factor go with the Freedom it is a very nice ship. Oasis is a really nice ship too and the extra cost is due to a few extra bells and whistles.

The itineraries are almost identical. Freedom on the eastern route goes to Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The Freedom western route goes to Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Oasis eastern route is Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Oasis western route is Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

Oasis does not go to Coco Cay or Grand Cayman as they are tender ports and Oasis is too large for tendering.

Like the others have said it really is a personal preference. You can't go wrong either way. We have been on both and are going on the Freedom this year. It is also $500 less than either Oasis/Allure.

It is too big a difference for us to pay up

We have been on both as well. The Freedom class is my husband's favorite. (I prefer the Radiance class ships). While we both were glad that we tried the Allure and Oasis - the entertainment is fabulous! - I doubt we will sail them again anytime soon. If we do, it will be for the entertainment. Best entertainment at sea! However, we missed the connection to the sea. Unless you have a balcony cabin, sit towards the back of the boardwalk near the Aqua Theater, or are up on the upper decks, you will not see the sea at all. In fact, in the promenade area or Central Park (which is really cool!), you will never see the ocean at all. There was a lot to do and we enjoyed the sailings very much. We are glad we sailed them, but I think we will stick with the smaller ships. (Although we will undoubtedly try the Quantum class - c'mon how can you not sail on a ship with bumper cars! :D)

Been on Allure and Freedom. If price is a concern Freedom is a great ship. Has almost all the same things as Oasis. If u don't plan on zip lining or surfin on flow rider then Freedom is better. I did enjoy Allure a lot, but would not pay the extra money to sail her. Just my opinion.