Carnival Wedding Photography price change?

Does anyone know what CCL's current wedding photo package price list is?

We're getting married this Saturday (yikes!) on the Paradise in Tampa.

When we booked, Carnival Wedding Photography still had their prices listed on a colorful page on CCL's website listing packages of $499, $749, $999, $1499, $1999 and up to $2999.

That page is now gone (But I have a copy) and has been replaced on this page by the line Photography service at ceremony and reception**

**Photographer and editing included, photographs sold separately. Packages from just $1,195.

Can anyone confirm that they have changed their photography pricing that drastically? And does anyone know what the 'new' $1195 intro package gets you?

That's a huge jump in starting price. We had budgeted for the $999 package, just as well I checked this as it could have led to an unpleasant surprise on the day. I'm also surprised they're not listing the new packages with any greater detail.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Does anyone know what CCL's current wedding photo package price list is?

We're getting married this Saturday (yikes!) on the Paradise in Tampa.

When we booked, Carnival Wedding Photography still had their prices listed on a colorful page on CCL's website listing packages of $499, $749, $999, $1499, $1999 and up to $2999.

That page is now gone (But I have a copy) and has been replaced on this page by the line Photography service at ceremony and reception**

**Photographer and editing included, photographs sold separately. Packages from just $1,195.

Can anyone confirm that they have changed their photography pricing that drastically? And does anyone know what the 'new' $1195 intro package gets you?

That's a huge jump in starting price. We had budgeted for the $999 package, just as well I checked this as it could have led to an unpleasant surprise on the day. I'm also surprised they're not listing the new packages with any greater detail.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sorry to hear that, I do not know the prices since i'm getting married off ship. I would call the groups department to get a confirmation from them and firmly express that when you booked the wedding you booked expecting XXX.xx package price for photography. Seeing as they doubled the cost of an hour open bar for a private party (something that effected my wedding budget) I could see them doing this without warning for photography as well. :(

A call to CCL's wedding department answered that question, and they confirmed that the original price options were still valid - here's a link to that document, as it isn't on CCL's site publicly.

Given that they're showing very different pricing on their site, I'd strongly encourage anyone getting hitched on Carnival to confirm price options - in writing - beforehand.

It also wouldn't hurt to take along the old pricelist. Some of the photographers hardly know what the prices are and honestly, they should honor the pricelist from when the wedding was originally booked. For us, the photo package pricing played a big factor for why we chose CCL over other lines.

If somebody gets the new prices please post. I have the old price list and that is what I am going off of because we were deciding between the 750 and 999..I am just wondering what the new prices offer package wise

I believe that all the original wedding options (including photograph pricing) that were available when you booked is what you will get. Everything I have seen says that we are kind of grandfathered in with the old options.

I have also heard that the photographers often don't know the pricing list and will try to negotiate their own deals, since they are independent and not actual employees of cruise line. I've also seen a post somewhere where the photographer tried to upsell and tell them that the listed prices didn't exist... until the bride pulled out the price list. Then they had to go by the listed prices. So, I would definitely bring the price list with you just in case to avoid any issues.