Sun 1A cabin type

Showtune

My family is looking at booking the Thanksgiving Caribbean cruise on the Sun. We are a couple with a 5 year old. I'm hoping someone can share their experiences with the 1A cabin type. There seems to be information out there that this is a slightly more spacious cabin than a regular inside or oceanview. From the video on the NCL site, the sofa seems to be off in a little alcove by itself. If the cabin sleeps 4, then I assume that means there's a berth above the sofa as well. Can anyone confirm? TIA!

I am sorry I don't know about 1A per se. But I can say the Sun is a great ship, my fave... And is known for having larger than normal rooms. Also, if you don't mind stairs, check out deck 6A. It's a half deck. Super quiet. My cousin loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My family is looking at booking the Thanksgiving Caribbean cruise on the Sun. We are a couple with a 5 year old. I'm hoping someone can share their experiences with the 1A cabin type. There seems to be information out there that this is a slightly more spacious cabin than a regular inside or oceanview. From the video on the NCL site, the sofa seems to be off in a little alcove by itself. If the cabin sleeps 4, then I assume that means there's a berth above the sofa as well. Can anyone confirm? TIA!

Had a IA sideways cabin once which had plenty of room. This particular one did not have a berth above. (I don't remember one.) This last cruise had a 1b regular inside which had the berth above the sofa. I believe the both the sideways cabin and the regular one are the same size, however the sideways felt like it have more room. (Go for the sideways :))

I don't know if it's any bigger than an ocean view, however this last trip had a cousin in a balcony. The balcony was not much bigger than the 1A or IB.

Enjoy your trip and rest assured the IA or IB will be big enough for 3. :)

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and booked it. The agent praised my cabin choice and told me it would be 191 sq feet. It sleeps 4, so I think that means it will have a pullman above the sofa. My 5 year old will be delighted!