Armed forces discount

flucocruiser

So I just saw that carnival offers an armed forces discount which I did not know of until just now can i get it applied to my price and just get obc or am I just out of luck and just do it on my next cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

If you booked Early Saver, you can get any discounts you're qualified for up to 2 business days before sail date.

If you did not book ES, you should be able to get the discount up until final payment.

You'll have to fax them a copy of your DD214.

Call and ask....let us know what happens.

Good luck!

So I just saw that carnival offers an armed forces discount which I did not know of until just now can i get it applied to my price and just get obc or am I just out of luck and just do it on my next cruise.

It's not a discount per se, but its a rate code. It's not offered on all cruises although I'm finding them available on many cruises that I've researched lately. If you are before final payment, you should be able to switch to the rate and if you are Early Saver, they will match the price. You will have to fax in your DD214 (or other acceptable proof) within 3 (I think) days.

Do a mock booking for your cruise and click the box that says special pricing. If only the Early Saver rate shows up, click "see more rates". If military is listed, then it's being offered for your cruise.

The post above mine is good information. First, thanks for serving.

Second, we are over 55, platinum and Texas residents. When we book trips from Galveston sometimes promotional rates are less expensive than using qualified discounts from standard rates.

Works the same in hotel reservations too, but military and govt rates there are super.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are not booked with something like super saver or pack n go rates, and you're not past final payment, then you can get the military rate. If you are past final payment date, then only if you booked ES can you get the military rate.

We always compare rates including military, past guest, early saver, state discounts, etc......this time military and ES were the same and it just saved us from juggling people around to make sure there was a military person in each room.

Honestly, it has only been the lowest price once in the past 4-5 cruises. Always good to check on any discounts....but I personally have not consistently found military discounted rates to be the lowest.