First Cruise and probably a stupid question.

mts315

I am sailing on July 27th on an Early Saver Rate and I am unsure how the rate drop works, I am sure I am wrong on this.

I have booked a Balcony (8B) for $739 per person (2 people $1478 total) using early saver. Today a new rate popped up "Shore Excursion Credit Sale." The new rate is $764 per person but includes a $50 shore excursion credit. So, for $25 more per person I get a $50 credit per person. If this rate had been available when I booked I would have selected it as I have already booked FTTF. In my opinion this is a cheaper rate. I am sure that Carnival would not see it that way though.

Any thoughts?

I know that some times the OBC is per cabin so that $50 is actually $25/person. Just something to look into so that you can ensure you are getting the deal you think you are.

I know that some times the OBC is per cabin so that $50 is actually $25/person. Just something to look into so that you can ensure you are getting the deal you think you are.

Yeah, thought of that and did a mock booking and would have gotten the $100 credit.

Going to send in the request, as stated above, the worst that can happen is they say no.

This JUST happened to us! I didn't qualify (bc my rate was a little lower than the promo rate) for the excursion credit promo but applied for one that I did qualify for. The computer system automatically gave me the excursion credit promo rate, and then I had a balance due after I was already paid in full. Three important things to know about the excursion credit.....you cannot book your excursions until you board the boat, the amount of excursion credit will be figured into any future price reductions you apply for so you won't get a reduction unless it for more than the amount of your excursion credit and you will lose the excursion credit if you do get approved for another price reduction.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Ok, I have decided to wait it out and see if there is a price drop instead of trying for the credit. Thanks for the replies.

Like I said I am new to this but it doesn't appear that the cruise we are on is selling very well. We only have about 3 people in our Roll Call and there is still a lot of availability in every cabin category.