HELP WITH EXCURSIONS on OAS

Hello All:

I have had no trouble securing excursion reservations for Nassau, and St. Thomas but St. Marteen is another questions altogether.

In looking at the excursion booklet on the RCCL website, they are offering in St. Marteen an excursion called "St. Marteen Sensation & Beach Break with Lunch" (SM25)

I attempt to find it on the My Cruise section under excursions and it isn't there?

I've called RCCL and gotten 3 different answers, 1.) Not available 2.) Wait until April 3.) Don't know.

Has anyone else tried to book this excursion and if so could you tell me how? Thanks. :confused:

Not all excursions listed in the booklet are available for your individual cruise. RC has been cutting back on excursions offered. The only thing that you can do is wait until you board the ship and see what excursions are being offered.

Hello All:

I have had no trouble securing excursion reservations for Nassau, and St. Thomas but St. Marteen is another questions altogether.

In looking at the excursion booklet on the RCCL website, they are offering in St. Marteen an excursion called "St. Marteen Sensation & Beach Break with Lunch" (SM25)

I attempt to find it on the My Cruise section under excursions and it isn't there?

I've called RCCL and gotten 3 different answers, 1.) Not available 2.) Wait until April 3.) Don't know.

Has anyone else tried to book this excursion and if so could you tell me how? Thanks. :confused:

If you downloaded the shore excursion brochure, not all of the excursions will be available for all cruises. The brochure is all the excursions. Sometimes they sell out and then you can check on board the ship.

I recommend not booking a tour through the cruiseline. For St. Maarten, you can go with a very reputable private guide for much less $ and a better (more personalized, less crowded) experience. We used Bernard's tours www.bernardstours.com and got a comprehensive tour of the island, time at the beach, time in the French capital, time at Maho Beach to see the jumbo jets (youtube Maho beach to see what that's all about), unlimited beverages. It's a much better value. At the end, you can be dropped off in the Dutch capital for more beach and shopping, or you can be dropped off at the ship in time for a late lunch. (From the Dutch capital, you can walk back to the ship, or take a taxi or the water taxi)

Edited by DonnaK

Sorry but I'm not a fan of ship booked excursion (and am not alone in that thought) ;)

You might enjoy booking a private tour with Bernards in St Maarten..a very popular tour provider.

We (family of 6 adults) and one of Bernards famous drivers/guides (and comp drinks inc his famous Rum Punch) went to Orient Beach, Marigot and Maho (to watch the planes :eek:) and then a few of us were dropped off in Philipsburg for shopping and the others taken back to the ship....An amazing tour and full day and very much recommended on these boards !!!!

I recommend not booking a tour through the cruiseline. For St. Maarten, you can go with a very reputable private guide for much less $ and a better (more personalized, less crowded) experience. We used Bernard's tours www.bernardstours.com and got a comprehensive tour of the island, time at the beach, time in the French capital, time at Maho Beach to see the jumbo jets (youtube Maho beach to see what that's all about), unlimited beverages. It's a much better value. At the end, you can be dropped off in the Dutch capital for more beach and shopping, or you can be dropped off at the ship in time for a late lunch. (From the Dutch capital, you can walk back to the ship, or take a taxi or the water taxi)

We are insync DonnaK :D:D