Wheelchair/ Mobilty scooter

penders

We are sailing on June 7 on the Jade and was wondering if we could borrow a wheelchair from the ship on the days we go on shore by tender. I have a mobility collapsible scooter which I hope to use on board and on land but I have a feeling that I cant take it on a tender. I am also hoping that the scooter will fit into our Stateroom which is a mini suite on deck 11

The length is 39 ins width 19 ins weight with battery 100 lbs.

NCL only has wheelchairs for getting on and off the ship at least in terminals. If you need to have a wheelchair for your use onboard or off the ship, you need to rent one from a third party provider.

From NCL's UK site (here):

"
Wheelchair Tender Policy

Guests must be aware that certain vessel transfers, such as tendering and gangways,
may not be fully accessible to wheelchairs or scooters at the time that they desire or that they cannot go ashore at all

Please note scooters and wheelchairs and/or guests that weigh 100 kilos or more are not allowed to be transferred from the ship to tender and/or from tender to shore. Therefore, guests in wheelchairs may consequently not be able to participate in certain activities or programmes in tender ports."

For more info on renting mobility equipment to NCL ships, see here: http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/index.cfm/about-us/cruise-lines/norwegian-cruise-line/

You should contact NCL at Accessibility Assistance

866.584.9756. They can tell you the correct info. As far as I know NCL does not provide any wheelchair assistance and they do have an arrangement with a commercial company that can help you. The Accessibility folks are the ones with the answers.

We sailed on the Breakaway in June. My husband has some mobility issues and we rented a scooter from Special Needs at Sea for the week which was arranged in advance of the cruise. We had booked a tour in Bermuda, and realized after seeing the scooter, that it would be difficult to lift the scooter into the van. I went to Guest Services to see if I could borrow a wheelchair for a few hours to use on the tour. I was told no - however, they do have a limited number of wheelchairs available for rental from Special Needs at Sea. We ultimately had to rent a wheelchair for an additional $150 and kept it for the remainder of the week. We were fortunate that the handicap accessible room was large enough to accomodate both items for the remaining 4-5 days.